is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
menu items are not sowing
daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 11/05/10 21:29 

izhmel:
I deleted all off line cache files and it did not resolve the issue .

Can you give me Admin Login info so I can take a look.
You can email it to greg@jamroom.net

I can't make any promises but I would like to look at the issue.
Thanks,
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 11/06/10 11:02 
OK, I've been looking at this right now.........
But I'm seeing something different than a caching issue.
And what I'm seeing doesn't actually have anything to do with the icons displaying properly. The Menu Links in the "Artist Control Panel" or "Member Control Panel" are basically not displaying the correct pages when they are clicked on.

When you click on "Artist Control Panel" or "Member Control Panel" from the "Admin Control Panel Menu", it will initially display the correct "Artist Control Panel Menu". But if you click on any link in the "Artist Control Panel Menu" it takes you right back to the "Admin Control Panel Menu" and doesn't display the page its suppose to take you too.

Dazed....
The photo you sent me looks like you clicked on the "Artist Control Panel" and when the "Artist Control Panel Menu" appeared you then clicked on the "Artist" button. What happens next is that you are taken back to the "Admin Menu" and not to the "Select Artist" Page that you were expecting to get.

izhmel
This seems to be doing exactly the same thing on your site.

That tells me that the Links for the "Artist Control Panel Menu" are not working correctly and its defaulting back to the Admin menu instead of producing the pages its suppose to. My guess is that its could be cluster related and may even have something to do with your htaccess file. But I'm not an expert on this stuff.

Additionally.........
The "Artist Control Panel Menu" links on both of your sites are different than the Jamroom Demo or my Test site.

Your Sites "Artist Control Panel Menu" links.........
1. (Artists) admin.php?menu=&s=section_artist
2. (Profile) admin.php?menu=&s=section_site
3. (Songs) admin.php?menu=&s=section_song

My Test Site and Jamroom Demo Site "Artist Control Panel Menu" links.........
1. (Artists) admin.php?s=section_artist
2. (Profile) admin.php?s=section_site
3. (Songs) admin.php?s=section_song

Notice the additional =&s= in your links???
Could this be due to how its setup on a cluster server??

Hope this makes sense.........
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
izhmel

Posted: 11/06/10 11:23 
Why after a new install of jamroom that replaced the old .htaccess and all the core files

when you click on "Artist Control Panel" or "Member Control Panel" from the "Admin Control Panel Menu", it will initially display the correct "Artist Control Panel Menu". But if you click on any link in the "Artist Control Panel Menu" it takes you right back to the "Admin Control Panel Menu" and doesn't display the page its suppose to take you too. ? ? ?

Dazed

Posted: 11/06/10 13:14 

daddysylem:
OK, I've been looking at this right now.........
But I'm seeing something different than a caching issue.
And what I'm seeing doesn't actually have anything to do with the icons displaying properly. The Menu Links in the "Artist Control Panel" or "Member Control Panel" are basically not displaying the correct pages when they are clicked on.

When you click on "Artist Control Panel" or "Member Control Panel" from the "Admin Control Panel Menu", it will initially display the correct "Artist Control Panel Menu". But if you click on any link in the "Artist Control Panel Menu" it takes you right back to the "Admin Control Panel Menu" and doesn't display the page its suppose to take you too.

Dazed....
The photo you sent me looks like you clicked on the "Artist Control Panel" and when the "Artist Control Panel Menu" appeared you then clicked on the "Artist" button. What happens next is that you are taken back to the "Admin Menu" and not to the "Select Artist" Page that you were expecting to get.

izhmel
This seems to be doing exactly the same thing on your site.

That tells me that the Links for the "Artist Control Panel Menu" are not working correctly and its defaulting back to the Admin menu instead of producing the pages its suppose to. My guess is that its could be cluster related and may even have something to do with your htaccess file. But I'm not an expert on this stuff.

Additionally.........
The "Artist Control Panel Menu" links on both of your sites are different than the Jamroom Demo or my Test site.

Your Sites "Artist Control Panel Menu" links.........
1. (Artists) admin.php?menu=&s=section_artist
2. (Profile) admin.php?menu=&s=section_site
3. (Songs) admin.php?menu=&s=section_song

My Test Site and Jamroom Demo Site "Artist Control Panel Menu" links.........
1. (Artists) admin.php?s=section_artist
2. (Profile) admin.php?s=section_site
3. (Songs) admin.php?s=section_song

Notice the additional =&s= in your links???
Could this be due to how its setup on a cluster server??

Hope this makes sense.........
Greg -

Greg - Thanks for looking at it. Once I had the issue again I tried your url and it was the same.

jamesd116

Posted: 11/09/10 19:10 

daddysylem:

jamesd116:
got it working now thanks

What did you do to get it working??
Because there are 2-Other Guys in this post with the same issue.
http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=209151#209137

Greg -

hmmm lets see if i remember exactly i reuploaded all the files
didnt didnt do the install and didnt work so i came back and
deleted the settings file
deleted the htpassword files
ran install.php

I also did the following not sure if it makes much of a difference
deleted member/media folders temp created new blank ones once install completed I deleted the blank ones and restored the originals.

Also because i have a semi old version of my db to use for my test i am pretty sure that i cant install with a db and tables already set (this was a little bit of work) I added my table and used different db prefix 4sl_ is normal and redid with 4slMMMM it then completed the install i went back in and delleted all of the 4slMMMM and went to the settings file and changed it to the 4sl_

I am sure I have extra steps in here that probably are not needed
I hope this helps

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

< Previous123

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core