Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
Member name band_url not saved with underscores
SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 04/06/07 01:05 
With 3.0.28 I am seeing all member names in the band_url field being saved with spaces rather than underscores despite friendly names being set for all quotas.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/06/07 09:34 

SteveX:
With 3.0.28 I am seeing all member names in the band_url field being saved with spaces rather than underscores despite friendly names being set for all quotas.

I'm not seeing this on my dev system here, nor on the Jamroom Demo. Is there anything special about the name you are using? Any special characters?

Let me know if you can reproduce it on the demo for me.

Thanks!

- Brian

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 04/07/07 11:29 
I can't access the demo database to see if the user name is saving with a space or an underscore, but on two separate installations I have the same thing happening. There is nothing special about the names, just the space.

Artist names are saved in band_url with underscores instead of spaces, whilst member names are saved with spaces.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/08/07 08:36 
I've got this fixed for 3.0.29 Steve:

http://www.jamroom.net/index.php?m=td_tracker&o=view&id=569

I apologize in that I initially thought you mean artist profiles - not members, so I found the bug in the members setup and have fixed it.

Thanks!

- Brian

Soul
Beta Team

Posted: 06/17/07 22:27 
Hi Brain...

I am currently running 3.0.30 and have updated every time there has been an update. Wink

I created a "member" account yesterday through the admin interface and among other issues, most of which I was able to resolve, I have the "no underscore" in the friendly url problem with multiple words. I don't know how to resolve this one.

-Thanks...
-Soul

Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/18/07 12:50 

Soul:
Hi Brain...

I am currently running 3.0.30 and have updated every time there has been an update. Wink

I created a "member" account yesterday through the admin interface and among other issues, most of which I was able to resolve, I have the "no underscore" in the friendly url problem with multiple words. I don't know how to resolve this one.

-Thanks...
-Soul

Soul -

if you download the latest Jamroom 3.0.30 test release and use the updated "user.php" from inside it should work. Let me know if you still see an issue.

Thanks!

- Brian

Soul
Beta Team

Posted: 06/18/07 15:57 
Hi Brian,

I DL'd and installed the update. Is there anything else I would need to do for my existing member?

I am still seeing her URL without the underscore.

/Urban Girl

-Thanks!
-Soul

Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/18/07 16:41 

Soul:
Hi Brian,

I DL'd and installed the update. Is there anything else I would need to do for my existing member?

I am still seeing her URL without the underscore.

/Urban Girl

-Thanks!
-Soul

You will need to modify and re-save the member so Jamroom can add the underscores.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 06/18/07 17:18 
When this happened in the past I found I had to click in that url field and then update artist to update the database.

Soul
Beta Team

Posted: 06/18/07 21:17 

SteveX:
When this happened in the past I found I had to click in that url field and then update artist to update the database.

Thanks Steve,

I'll try that as I am not having any luck so far.

**EDIT** Nope that didn't work either. Confused

-Soul

Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/19/07 13:35 
Try re-downloading the Jamroom 3.0.30 test release and use the updated user.php from inside - this should be fixed. if not, let me know and I'll have to dig deeper and see what's going on.

Thanks!

- Brian

Soul
Beta Team

Posted: 06/19/07 13:52 

bigguy:
Try re-downloading the Jamroom 3.0.30 test release and use the updated user.php from inside - this should be fixed. if not, let me know and I'll have to dig deeper and see what's going on.

Thanks!

- Brian

Hi Brian,

I did upload the latest version went to modify user, saved... no change. I also did what Steve suggested again... still no underscores. Sad

-Soul

Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/19/07 14:03 

Soul:

bigguy:

Thanks!

- Brian

Hi Brian,

I did upload the latest version went to modify user, saved... no change. I also did what Steve suggested again... still no underscores. Sad

-Soul

is the user you are modifying a "member" user, or an "artist" user?

Thanks!

- Brian

Soul
Beta Team

Posted: 06/19/07 14:17 
She is a "member".

I was just coming back to tell you it's working now. Smile

Have no idea why it looked like it wasn't when I posted a few minutes ago. I cleared caches too.

Well, at least with everything else going on you shouldn't have to worry about this now. (me either).

-Thanks, Brain!!!
-Soul

CodeSmith

Posted: 06/19/07 14:43 
Brian's gonna have to cough up all of the tylenol he took to quash the headache this pesky problem was gonna give him Wink J/k! Glad it's fixed

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

12Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core