Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
Bigguy and DJ - Bug Info on Error Message
Dazed

Posted: 07/30/07 18:00 
Brian and DJ:

I have been doing some testing on why I get those error messages when trying to upload a song/video etc.

What I have found is the artists where I can't upload, I also am unable to regenerate their pages. I get errors on the site regen also. Some of these artist are on Cobalt3 others are on old Cobalt themes.

examples:
Dazed Floridamusic Warren Peese - can't regenerate or create a song - cobalt3 theme

Trev M - Can't regenerate - old Cobalt Theme

Wildcherry - Can regenerate and create songs - Sage -Custom Theme

site regen errors:

Link takes you here:

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 07/30/07 18:17 
Well, sefjam is masking the true error...

But I am sooo positive its a jamroom bug on some level.

If we'd have tested a different artist while brian was conferenced with us, he might have seen it Sad

Its weird that it errors on some artists and not others.

We'll keep butchering away at it though!

"more server and network power than any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
Dazed

Posted: 07/30/07 18:21 
You guys have my logins so feel free to hammer it. It is just odd!!

Thanks to both of you for looking into it Smile

Dazed

Posted: 07/30/07 18:25 
a few php errors....

[30-Jul-2007 17:13:22] PHP Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home2/guitaris/public_html/themes/Cobalt3/lang/en-US.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/guitaris/public_html/bands/616/info.php on line 2

[30-Jul-2007 17:13:22] PHP Warning: main(/home2/guitaris/public_html/themes/Cobalt3/lang/en-US.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/guitaris/public_html/bands/616/info.php on line 2

[30-Jul-2007 17:13:04] PHP Warning: opendir(/home/guitaris/public_html/themes) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/guitaris/public_html/include/jamroom-theme.inc.php on line 291

[30-Jul-2007 17:13:03] PHP Warning: opendir(/home/guitaris/public_html/themes) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/guitaris/public_html/include/jamroom-theme.inc.php on line 291

[30-Jul-2007 17:12:30] PHP Warning: opendir(/home/guitaris/public_html/themes) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/guitaris/public_html/include/jamroom-theme.inc.php on line 291

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 07/31/07 13:24 
Just noticed this was moved out of the bugs forums, though I believe it is a bug (still).

It's been narrowed down to a $_user variable within jamroom, removing the variable from various scripts does away with the issue... But whats causing it is still unknown at this time.

Bigguy will check it out this evening and hopefully have some info for us.

It's awfully strange that it only happens on a few users...if it happened on all of them I would totally agree there is some type of server problem (the server doesn't care who you are, your race, your age, or your shoe size...if it's got a problem it will have a problem with everyone 99.99% of the time).

I've never seen a jamroom site do this though, hopefully no others will have this issue crop up (no others have cropped up yet, still keeping fingers crossed).

Cheers!

Dazed

Posted: 07/31/07 14:57 
DJ and Brian - thanks for your help on this.

I think for the next release, I will copy my database so I have an embedded base of artists. I would have probably seen this before but I was working with a fresh install.

Again thanks for your help!

Dazed

Dazed

Posted: 07/31/07 15:24 
Guys is there a chance these errors have to do with Cobalt3 interacting with 3.0 code?

The reason I ask is I have an artist on the proton theme that left a blog message. That blog appears on the index page. If you tried to reply to the comment, you got the below error:

Code
the template file "script_comment.tpl" does not exist or is not readable from the themes/Proton directory

For grins I copied the script_comment.tpl into the proton theme. When you click the comment now, the script appears but the spotlight section has the same three errors.

http://www.guitaristworks.com/comment.php?mode=view_comments&band_id=45&message_id=189&type=message&template=script_comment.tpl

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 07/31/07 16:11 
Bigguy has pinned down the issue and got it fixed, with hopefully a patch coming in the newest test release of jamroom... But your site should be totally fixed up already.

If you have any more problems with the issue we fought with for I don't know how many hours now, please let us know!!

Thanks a ton for sticking with it!!

~DJ

Dazed

Posted: 07/31/07 16:15 
You guys rock!! I can add songs now it seems.

DJ can you please click that link above and let me know what you think. Same errors.

Do I win an award for being the biggest PITA or the most difficult bug to troubleshoot? Laughing

Thanks again for everyones hard work!!

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 07/31/07 16:21 
This was likely one of the weirdest (or at least top 3) PHP "bugs" I've come across. It also would only exhibit this behavior on a Jamroom with a directory called "forum" in the main jamroom directory (i.e. jamroom/forum) that was a VERY large directory.

Basically it appears that the behavior of PHP in regards to using "relative" directory recursion (to save on a PHP open_basedir lookup) has changed, causing the directory to be "reset" on the first recursion of the recursive function. In this case, it was causing the "forum" directory in your bands/10 directory to be "reset" on re-entry in to the getDirSize() function to your jamroom_url (PHP's getcwd()), which then caused the PHP process to go over memory_limit as it began to crawl your forum directory structure.

Shocked

I've updated the getDirSize() function in Jamroom to always use full pathing now - it may be a tiny bit slower, but we shouldn't see this issue any further.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

Dazed

Posted: 07/31/07 16:25 
Thanks Brian Smile

I think the other issue might just be a coding issue I guess between the two themes. I will repost it in JR Help.

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 07/31/07 16:29 
I'm sorry dude, but I'm grabbing a beer, and heading down to the river for a skinny dip. I was so worried I would have to completely rebuild the entire jamroom networks software structure, my mind was totally spinning, now I'm so happy I gotta go chill in the river and enjoy the sun and a coldy for atleast an hour.

Then I'll come back and be back to work with a fresh view on life!

Thanks a ton both of you guys!!

~DJ

**Likely if you temporarily remove sefjam, that comment script error will become more apparent. I believe brian mentioned in another thread where cobalt3 and cobalt were working together in a funny way, or not looking for eachother in the right place? Sefjam is totally blocking the error, so you might also check jamrooms php error log to see if there is anything more clear.

Last edited by djmerlyn on 07/31/07 16:32; edited 1 time in total
Dazed

Posted: 07/31/07 16:31 
site is working a lot better so I am cool with it. Just a few minor bugs I need to work out.

I can't thank you guys enough for going the extra mile!

Dazed

Posted: 07/31/07 16:55 
Guys I hate to be the bearer of Bad News, but once you click Modify Song, make a change and click submit you get the error again. The same is true if you create a song. The fields are now there, but once it completes the error message is there.

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 07/31/07 17:27 
It's kinda funny, I totally just verified what bigguy was saying about the "forum" folder.

You could have named your phpbb folder ANYTHING other then "forum", like "forums", or "batman" and the problem wouldn't exist.

Or, bigguy could have made the jamroom forums named ANYTHING other then "forum" like jr_forum, or "bigguy_is_batman" and the problem wouldn't exist.

Or, if your forum wasn't 6GB, maybe like 15-40MB like most forums... the problem wouldn't exist!

All the stars, moon, sun, and the rotation of earth had to line up just right for this to happen!

Laughing Laughing

You gotta admit, it is kinda funny!

Last edited by djmerlyn on 07/31/07 17:29; edited 1 time in total
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

123Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder