New: SefJam Clouds
SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/30/07 16:20 
The demo of the new version of SefJam Clouds can be seen here:
http://www.motagator.net/index.php?t=clouds

Configuration and styling instructions can be found here:
http://www.motagator.net/index.php?t=clouds_demo

The live site demo is kindly provided by Pasher, Thanks Pash!

SefJam's Ultrafriendly urls are not a requirement, and it doesn't matter what skin/theme you use - anybody can take advantage of the rich links and navigation possibilities afforded by this useful plugin. It is very easy to customise, and provides an easily installed, attractive, navigationally useful, visually meaningful cluster of links for search engine spiders to lick. This is a ground up rewrite, and works from a single smarty plugin file.

SefJam Clouds costs £7.50 and is available from the Jamroom Marketplace Add-Ons section.

There are two modes, genres and artists, and using the plugin is as simple as placing the function {jr_sefjam_cloud mode="artists"} into your template. If you are using SefJam urls you simply add the parameter sefjam="1" to your artist cloud.

Required Parameters:
    mode="genres" or mode="artists"
    type="song", type="video", type="artist" (for genre clouds only)
    sefjam="1" (only required if SefJam is installed).

Genre & Quota Parameters:
    genre="Acapella" (in artists mode this can be a comma separated list),
    quota="1,3,7" (artists mode only)

Sort Parameters:
    order="alpha", order="numeric" (default is shuffle)
    showmax="50", showtop="30"

Style Parameters:
    listitemstyle
    listitemclass (when using the class you would probably want to pass in listitemstyle="" to cancel the default effect
    liststyle
    listclass
    spanstyle
    spanclass
    baseSize (default 9px)
    units (px, % or ems)

Link Parameters:
    target="audio.php" (if you want your artist links to point to a page other than index.php)
    url="index.php?t=mycustomtemplate"

Scaling Parameters:
    scale="ratings" All artist jr_counts parameters are supported, including plays_today, downloads_today, spotlights_today, plays, streams, downloads, spotlights, fans, disk_space, ratings, rating_users, radio_plays, video_plays, video_streams, video_downloads, total_video_plays, total_video_streams, total_video_downloads, page_views, videos, songs, song_hifi, song_lofi, radio, photos, items, events, messages, comments, guestbooks and vault_items.
    Genre Clouds are always scaled according to the number of videos, songs or artists in the respective genres.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.

Last edited by SteveX on 04/17/08 16:40; edited 2 times in total
SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 04/03/08 18:00 
Clouds has an update to 1.0.3

Please email me to get a copy.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Dazed

Posted: 04/03/08 18:55 
check the demo link. I get an error Steve.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 04/03/08 19:11 
The SefJam site is offline for now and will remain that way for a while, sorry if that is an inconvenience.

In the meantime, if you have SefJam things installed and want to access the configuration docs please email me and if I can I will provide some specific help with what you need to do, which will be better than the docs.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 04/17/08 16:36 
Pasher has kindly allowed me to link to a live clouds demo on http://www.motagator.net

To see clouds in beautiful action look at this page:
http://www.motagator.net/index.php?t=clouds

For instructions as to how to achieve that look read the details on this page:
http://www.motagator.net/index.php?t=clouds_demo

Thanks Pasher!

Steven

Posted: 10/14/08 06:09 
In which file do i have to paste te code in?

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/14/08 11:57 
Paste it into whichever template generates the part of the page where you want the cloud to appear.

So if you want it to appear on all skin pages somewhere near the bottom you would paste it at a suitable point in the html structure within jr_overall_footer.tpl (if using Cobalt3).

Intalik

Posted: 08/19/09 11:57 
does your tag cloud work in jamroom 4.1.?

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 08/19/09 12:09 
Yes, it does. If you are using Nova you will need to pass your chosen url in as a parameter, something like:
{jr_sefjam_cloud url="ranking.php?mode=artist" .... etc ... }

All of the parameters are documented here:
http://motagator.net/index.php?t=clouds_demo

There will be an update to clouds fairly soon as there are a few new options I want to add to it, but I'm not sure exactly when.

Spynz

Posted: 02/11/10 12:58 
Hello,

I have purchased the Sef Jam bookmarsk for my site and have it installed. I was wondering if you have an updated version? I noticed there is no Twitter icon and thought i'd give it a try and email you to see if you have an updated version.

Many thanks

Spynz

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 02/11/10 13:10 

Spynz:
Hello,

I have purchased the Sef Jam bookmarsk for my site and have it installed. I was wondering if you have an updated version? I noticed there is no Twitter icon and thought i'd give it a try and email you to see if you have an updated version.

Many thanks

Spynz

Hopefully you didn't purchase Bookmarks as it is a free download!

There is no update since 1.0.1, and Bookmarks isn't that useful for Twitter. However there is a Twitter module likely to be released in the future.

Spynz

Posted: 02/11/10 13:12 
Sorry my mistake I didn't purchase sefjam bookmarks. Sorry i'm all over the place at the moment.

Thanks for the heads up regarding the twitter I will be looking out for that.

Thanks

Spynz

lyricskenya

Posted: 05/07/10 00:36 
Hello Steve X

I cant seam to make it work with media pro template my site is mziki.co.ke ? I have put the files into the site directory, then pasted this on my page

{jr_sefjam_cloud mode="artists" order="numeric" colors="#FFF100,#FAE000,#F6CE00,
#F1BD00,#ECAC00,#E89B00,#E38900,#DF7800,#DA6700,#D55600,#D14400,#CC3300" quota="5,14,4,6,15" baseSize="10px" showtop="50"}

and my site just disappears and once i remove it it comes back. What am i doing wrong.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 05/07/10 02:26 
When the page goes blank, what gets written into your php error log?

My first guess is that you have uploaded the files to the wrong place, so can you verify that this file exists in this location:
/include/plugins/smarty/function.jr_sefjam_cloud.php

lyricskenya

Posted: 05/07/10 03:17 
/include/plugins/smarty/

Yes thats exactly there the file is. But still same error.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Ultrabubble

12Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules