N8Flex:
Nova Solutions
Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 03/19/09 16:19 
M1ap Installation

Open the m1.tpl and cut this line:

Code

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$JAMROOM_URL}/include/n8flash/swfobject.js"></script>

And paste it inside your skins/Nova/jr_header.tpl

Inside the themes/player_audio.tpl remove everything and add this:

Code

{jr_theme_template template="m1.tpl" tpl_dir="theme" theme_dir="Nova" band_id=$BAND_ID song_id="all" radio_id="" lang_id=$BAND_LANG_ID autoplay=$BAND_SONG_AUTOPLAY}

Inside the themes/player_audio_embed.tpl remove everything and add this:

Code

{jr_theme_template template="m1.tpl" tpl_dir="theme" theme_dir="Nova" band_id="$BAND_ID" song_id=$SONG_ID radio_id=""  lang_id=$BAND_LANG_ID autoplay=$BAND_SONG_AUTOPLAY}

themes/player_radio.tpl

Code
{jr_ranking mode="radio" band_id=$BAND_ID order="13" row_template="radio_id.tpl" show="1" tpl_dir="theme" theme="Nova" assign="radio_id" jr_active_mode="true"}

{jr_theme_template template="n8flash_song_player.tpl" tpl_dir="theme" theme_dir="Nova" band_id=$BAND_ID song_id="" radio_id=$radio_id lang_id=$BAND_LANG_ID autoplay=$BAND_SONG_AUTOPLAY}

Note $RADIO_ID may need to be capitalized, depending upon your configuration.

This should work for all my audio players as long as you assign it to the right template.

EXAMPLES

http://www.sixtysecondhero.com/Allan_Byer_Project/

http://www2.flench.com/CG317/

Last edited by Natedogg265 on 10/22/09 07:08; edited 14 times in total
lbeasley

Posted: 03/21/09 16:40 
I'm going to try this tonight when our traffic dies down using the Nova theme. I'm not sure if extra steps will be involved since we're running a cluster server as well, but we'll see. Thanks for these updated details.

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 03/21/09 17:52 

lbeasley:
I'm going to try this tonight when our traffic dies down using the Nova theme. I'm not sure if extra steps will be involved since we're running a cluster server as well, but we'll see. Thanks for these updated details.

If you're using the M1 make sure you update and read the cluster section in the manual.

If you're using a J series player make this change to the appropriate template ie n8flash_video_player.tpl

change all {$JAMROOM_URL} to {$MASTER_URL}

Last edited by Natedogg265 on 03/21/09 18:00; edited 2 times in total
lbeasley

Posted: 03/21/09 17:56 
Actually, I'm using the J30AP

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 03/21/09 18:00 

lbeasley:
Actually, I'm using the J30AP

Change all {$JAMROOM_URL} to {$MASTER_URL}

and remember to assign the template var to the correct template ie n8flash_song_player.tpl

like this: template="n8flash_song_player.tpl"

Last edited by Natedogg265 on 03/21/09 18:04; edited 1 time in total
lbeasley

Posted: 03/21/09 18:04 
Ahh ok. I'll be workin on it in the next hour or two.

lbeasley

Posted: 03/21/09 20:42 

Code

{jr_theme_template template="m1.tpl" tpl_dir="theme" theme_dir="Nova" band_id="$BAND_ID" song_id="all" radio_id="" lang_id="$BAND_LANG_ID" autoplay="$BAND_SONG_AUTOPLAY"}

Inside the player_audio_embed.tpl remove everything and add this:

Code

{jr_theme_template template="m1.tpl" tpl_dir="theme" theme_dir="Nova" band_id="$BAND_ID" song_id=$SONG_ID
radio_id=""  lang_id="$BAND_LANG_ID" autoplay="$BAND_SONG_AUTOPLAY"}

Since I'm not using the M1 player. What template file name should I change "template=m1.tpl" to?

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 03/22/09 05:57 
Hey lbeasley - Had any luck with this?

I've been trying to get the J30AP to work in the Nova theme for a couple of weeks now (on and off).

N8 - Followed these instructions to the letter, no joy. I assume the player_audio templates you refer to are the theme ones? Also, in which templates do we change JAMROOM_URL to MASTER_URL? Or is that only if using cluster?

Cheers
Pa

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 03/22/09 10:33 

pasher:

I've been trying to get the J30AP to work in the Nova theme for a couple of weeks now (on and off).

N8 - Followed these instructions to the letter, no joy. I assume the player_audio templates you refer to are the theme ones? Also, in which templates do we change JAMROOM_URL to MASTER_URL? Or is that only if using cluster?

Cheers
Pa

You may have a bug or something. Download the j100 kit again. What gets me is, for $20 it would become my problem and you could have had your 2 weeks back.

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 03/22/09 10:35 
Without links I can only guess what the problems are.

lbeasley

Posted: 03/22/09 13:19 

pasher:

Cheers
Pa

I feel your pain man. I had no luck as well. When I first purchased this a couple months ago, I was at it for HOURS for an entire week. I never could get it to work. 2 months later, i figured another stab at it. I tried the instructions provided by Nate, and I've tried JR's instructions in the manual. After 3AM this morning, I decided to give up. I had no luck.

I can get the player to show up on the homepage easily. It's just trying to set it up as the default player for artist pages. It just doesn't seem to work. Nate has some of the best players I've seen, but they just dont work for me and NOVA theme. It would be nice if someone could get this working and provide step by step DETAILED instructions.

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 03/22/09 13:46 

lbeasley:

pasher:

Cheers
Pa

I feel your pain man. I had no luck as well. When I first purchased this a couple months ago, I was at it for HOURS for an entire week. I never could get it to work. 2 months later, i figured another stab at it. I tried the instructions provided by Nate, and I've tried JR's instructions in the manual. After 3AM this morning, I decided to give up. I had no luck.

I can get the player to show up on the homepage easily. It's just trying to set it up as the default player for artist pages. It just doesn't seem to work. Nate has some of the best players I've seen, but they just dont work for me and NOVA theme. It would be nice if someone could get this working and provide step by step DETAILED instructions.

I suppose this all a hobby for you guys. If it was business you would have paid $20 and valued your time more. You don't even post links.

So if that's the case, enjoy!

lbeasley

Posted: 03/22/09 14:01 
Ummmmm Nate? This is a business for me. I even had you attempt to install this for us last time and you could not get it. Remember?? Now if your stating that things have changed and you can do this now, I'll be more then happy to pay you. Please advise.

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 03/22/09 14:03 
You're saying you paid me to install it and i failed? I don't recall returning any money to anyone... ever! I always get my man Wink

lbeasley

Posted: 03/22/09 14:18 
Ok, I can see this thread going the wrong way, so I'm going to end it here. Check my previous posts in your forums and perhaps that will refresh you on what I'm referring to. I'm not trying to bash you Nate, I'm just stating the the instructions that's provide seem not to work. It's obvious, their not detailed or something is missing.

I know you stay super busy man, so I was not going to bother you again to see if you found a solution for the nova theme. However, if you can install this so that it works for every artist page, PLEASE confirm. I'll be more then happy to PAY you. You make some of the best players and I can't knock you for that playa! It's the detailed instructions I have an issue with. Keep workin hard man, you doing a good job. If you have time for installs, PLEASE provide a link or something for payment.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
N8Flex

1234Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules