Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
TinyMCE - Embed Video - IE Not Working But Safari and FF Do
Dazed

Posted: 11/05/09 19:40 
Something strange I have seen I need some help with. When embedding youtube into a blog via the html button (or youtube video_id), a red x is appearing and no video. If I do the same thing in Firefox or Safari, the video posts fine.

It looks like IE7 and IE8 are stripping some of the html out of the code. Why is it doing it in IE but not the other browsers? Any idea on a fix??

update....I found this but when I look at the file, I only have line 1 so I have no idea what comments to remove.. http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=14814

results...
Original

Code
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vV4ktE1982E&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vV4ktE1982E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

IE

Code
<p><object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vV4ktE1982E&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /></object></p>

Firefox

Code
<p><object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vV4ktE1982E&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vV4ktE1982E&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="340"></embed></object></p>

Dazed

Posted: 11/07/09 05:12 
Bump!

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 11/07/09 08:33 
Based on the thread you linked, it looks like you need to edit the following file:

jamroom/include/tiny_mce/plugins/media/editor_plugin.js

and at line 250 remove the Javascript comment. However, the version of TinyMCE that Jamroom uses is "packed" to make it smaller, so you would want to download the non-packed version from their site and use that file from inside - that should make it clearer when editing.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

Dazed

Posted: 11/07/09 09:06 

bigguy:
Based on the thread you linked, it looks like you need to edit the following file:

jamroom/include/tiny_mce/plugins/media/editor_plugin.js

and at line 250 remove the Javascript comment. However, the version of TinyMCE that Jamroom uses is "packed" to make it smaller, so you would want to download the non-packed version from their site and use that file from inside - that should make it clearer when editing.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

Hey Brian. I tried that also. That file is still one line for me lol.

Do you have the same trouble in the demo? If I remember correctly you have html disabled.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 11/07/09 09:11 
I don't have IE7 but can test in IE8 and see what I can see - I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks!

- Brian

Dazed

Posted: 11/07/09 09:26 
I get the same in IE8 so that will work also. Thanks Brian.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 11/07/09 09:27 
I see it here with IE8 as well, so it is certainly a TinyMCE javascript issue in regards to IE - the post you linked to won't fix it either, since there are no comments in the packed version of the javascript. I'm not sure if this is something that I can "fix", but will look into it further.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

Dazed

Posted: 11/07/09 09:30 
Thanks Brian.

Dazed

Posted: 11/10/09 20:41 
Brian - I have been working with this and trying to find a fix. The one thing I did notice is that using their demo, it works Crying or Very sad .

One of the things I did find is the below. Looking at the editor.tpl file though I do not see this.

TinyMCE isn't working in Internet Explorer but other browsers are fine?

The most common mistake is a trailing comma character after the last element in the init, e.g:

Code

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
tinyMCE.init({
   theme : "advanced",
   mode : "textareas", <--
});
</script>

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 11/11/09 15:43 
That's not how Jamroom creates the WYSIWYG text areas, so that doesn't apply. Try updating to Jamroom 4.1.4 - that includes the very latest TinyMCE (3.2.7 vs. 3.2.5) and let me know if it helps at all.

Thanks!

- Brian

Dazed

Posted: 11/11/09 19:22 

bigguy:
That's not how Jamroom creates the WYSIWYG text areas, so that doesn't apply. Try updating to Jamroom 4.1.4 - that includes the very latest TinyMCE (3.2.7 vs. 3.2.5) and let me know if it helps at all.

Thanks!

- Brian

Yeah I tried that already. Same red x Sad

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 11/12/09 16:16 
I'd recommend posting to the TinyMCE forum - this is likely going to require changes in tinymce's media plugin - I tried some changes in there but was not successful. If you let me know where you post at, I can follow up there too.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

Dazed

Posted: 11/12/09 20:10 

bigguy:
I'd recommend posting to the TinyMCE forum - this is likely going to require changes in tinymce's media plugin - I tried some changes in there but was not successful. If you let me know where you post at, I can follow up there too.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?pid=65026#p65026

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 11/13/09 12:18 
Thanks Dazed - I've followed up there, so hopefully we can get to the bottom of it.

Thanks!

- Brian

GRod

Posted: 11/13/09 15:40 
I'm following this thread closely, 'cause i have the same problem on ie. Been telling users to post youtube videos with bbcode, but many don't know much about even using bbcode.

Wink

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

12Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons