Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
Changing Nova Theme Audio Player
lbeasley

Posted: 08/24/10 06:34 
Can someone point me to detailed instructions on changing the Nova Theme Audio player to another player. The following link (http://www.jamroom.net/Jamroom4_Changing_Nova_Flash_Players), seems to have outdated instructions.

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 08/24/10 12:51 

lbeasley:
Can someone point me to detailed instructions on changing the Nova Theme Audio player to another player. The following link (http://www.jamroom.net/Jamroom4_Changing_Nova_Flash_Players), seems to have outdated instructions.

There are currently no updated detailed instructions for replacing the Nova Players. I can post something here that will tell you which templates to edit and what code needs to be edited in each template to replace the players. But you will need to know how to install your new player and what code edits are required to make your new player work.

What player are you installing??
Music or Video or Both??

Let me know......
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
lbeasley

Posted: 08/24/10 15:30 
Yes, if you could do that, that would be PERFECT! I'm installing the audio player on artist pages.

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 08/24/10 20:23 
Ok here we go.........
These are the Nova Theme Templates and the code sections that need to be edited to change the Nova Audio Player on the Artist Pages.

Hope this makes sense......
Greg -

Theme Templates...........
player_audio.tpl
player_audio_embed.tpl
player_radio.tpl
song_details.tpl
radio_details.tpl

==============================================

player_audio.tpl
Find this code and edit the section in "red" to add your player.

{if $smarty.config.audio_flash_player == 'nova' && is_file("`$JAMROOM_DIR`/themes/Nova/Nova_mp3_515x250.swf")}

{if $SONG_HIFI_MP3_STREAM_COUNT > 0}
{assign var="play_url" value="`$JAMROOM_URL`/play.php?mode=song_hifi&band_id=`$BAND_ID`&song_id=all&format=nv_2&type=xspf"}
{else}
{assign var="play_url" value="`$JAMROOM_URL`/play.php?mode=song_lofi&band_id=`$BAND_ID`&song_id=all&format=nv_2&type=xspf"}
{/if}

{jr_flash_player playlist_url=$play_url player_type="`$JAMROOM_URL`/themes/Nova/Nova_mp3_515x250.swf" width="515" height="250"}

player_audio_embed.tpl

{if $smarty.config.audio_flash_player == 'nova' && is_file("`$JAMROOM_DIR`/themes/Nova/Nova_mp3_515x250.swf")}

{if isset($RADIO_ID)}
{assign var="play_url" value="`$JAMROOM_URL`/play.php?mode=radio&id=`$RADIO_ID`&format=nv_2&type=xspf"}
{elseif $HIFI_SIZE > 0}
{assign var="play_url" value="`$JAMROOM_URL`/play.php?mode=song_hifi&band_id=`$BAND_ID`&song_id=`$SONG_ID`&format=nv_2&type=xspf"}
{else}
{assign var="play_url" value="`$JAMROOM_URL`/play.php?mode=song_lofi&band_id=`$BAND_ID`&song_id=`$SONG_ID`&format=nv_2&type=xspf"}
{/if}

{jr_flash_player playlist_url=$play_url player_type="`$JAMROOM_URL`/themes/Nova/Nova_mp3_515x250.swf" width="515" height="250" auto_play="yes"}

player_radio.tpl

{* get our TOP Radio Station for the player (as organized by the profile owner) *}
{jr_ranking mode="radio" band_id=$BAND_ID order="13" row_template="radio_id.tpl" show="1" tpl_dir="theme" theme="Nova" assign="radio_id" jr_active_mode="true"}

{assign var="play_url" value="`$JAMROOM_URL`/play.php?mode=radio&id=$radio_id&format=nv_2"}

{jr_flash_player playlist_url=$play_url player_type="`$JAMROOM_URL`/themes/Nova/Nova_mp3_515x250.swf" width=$smarty.config.profile_player_width height=$smarty.config.profile_player_height}

song_details.tpl

<div id="detail_player">
{if $show_flash > 0}

{if $smarty.config.audio_flash_player == 'nova' && is_file("`$JAMROOM_DIR`/themes/Nova/Nova_mp3_360x280.swf")}
{jr_flash_player player_type="`$JAMROOM_URL`/themes/Nova/Nova_mp3_360x280.swf" player_mode=$song_mode width=$smarty.config.audio_flash_width height=$smarty.config.audio_flash_height band_id=$BAND_ID song_id=$SONG_ID format=nv_2}

Then find this code to change the code snipper under the player.

{if ($HIFI_EXTENSION == 'mp3' || $LOFI_EXTENSION == 'mp3') && $show_flash > 0}
{jr_lang id="345" default="Embed"}:<br>
<input type="text" value="{jr_embed_player_code song_id=$SONG_ID width="400" height="300" player="`$JAMROOM_URL`/themes/Nova/Nova_mp3_360x280.swf"}" class="s_input" style="width:340px;margin:0px;" onclick="this.select()"><br>
{/if}

radio_details.tpl

div id="detail_player">

{if $RADIO_TYPE == 'mp3'}

{if $RADIO_MODE == 'hifi'}
{assign var='media_mode' value='hifi_stream'}
{else}
{assign var='media_mode' value='lofi_stream'}
{/if}

{if $smarty.config.audio_flash_player == 'nova' && is_file("`$JAMROOM_DIR`/themes/Nova/Nova_mp3_360x280.swf")}
{jr_flash_player player_type="`$JAMROOM_URL`/themes/Nova/Nova_mp3_360x280.swf" player_mode=$media_mode width=$smarty.config.audio_flash_width height=$smarty.config.audio_flash_height band_id=$BAND_ID radio_id=$RADIO_ID format=nv_2}

Then find this code to change the code snipper under the player.

{if $RADIO_TYPE == 'mp3'}
{jr_lang id="345" default="Embed"}:<br>
<input type="text" value="{jr_embed_player_code radio_id=$RADIO_ID width="400" height="300" player="`$JAMROOM_DIR`/themes/Nova/Nova_mp3_360x280.swf"}" class="s_input" style="width:340px;margin:0px;" onclick="this.select()"><br>
{/if}

GCFireSprinkler.com
lbeasley

Posted: 08/25/10 04:51 
YOU ARE THE MAN DADDY! I'm going to try this out now, and will report back shortly. One quick question. I'm not 100% sure what the attribute "&format=nv_2" represents. Can you shed some light?

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 08/25/10 07:38 

lbeasley:
YOU ARE THE MAN DADDY! I'm going to try this out now, and will report back shortly. One quick question. I'm not 100% sure what the attribute "&format=nv_2" represents. Can you shed some light?

That attribute is for a custom playlist file thats needed to operate the Nova player.
"include/plugins/jrPlaylist/nv_2.php"

If your new player requires a custom playlist file, you would change that coding as needed. But if your player doesn't require a custom playlist file, then you may need to remove that code.

I'm not sure what player your installing so its hard to give advice... Wink

Hope this makes sense.....
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
lbeasley

Posted: 08/25/10 10:18 
I'll PM you a response.

Jynxx

Posted: 08/25/10 22:06 
I wanna jump in here and ask a question too....

WHY are you replacing the Nova players? And what are you replacing them TO? So far I love the nova players, but have three issues with them.... One, my slider bar (scrub bar?) randomly works or does not work. Usually the latter. Two, the embed code is HUGE, and seems very unnecessary on most forums or pages that have a "flash" tag, or that can embed code. I always end up deleting 70% of the code that is copied.
And lastly, I would LOVE a much larger video screen. The tiny tiny one just does the vids NO justice, and my members complain about it a lot.

SO.... I was thinking that I may change the video solution, and you guys seem to be changing out the players.... so I was wondering why you wanted them removed, and what you intend to replace them with Smile

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 08/26/10 08:22 

Jynxx:
I wanna jump in here and ask a question too....

WHY are you replacing the Nova players? And what are you replacing them TO?
So far I love the nova players, but have three issues with them....

lbeasley can answer this question for you if he wants to.
But I'll address the other issues you have...... Wink

Quote:
One, my slider bar (scrub bar?) randomly works or does not work. Usually the latter.

It was already pointed out to you that this is NOT a Nova Player issue. This issue seems to be caused by your Hosting provider or your Server setup as was determined by Kyle and I both.

Quote:
Two, the embed code is HUGE, and seems very unnecessary on most forums or pages that have a "flash" tag, or that can embed code. I always end up deleting 70% of the code that is copied.

The Embed code that is provided in the players is the Recommended Standard Embed Code for Embedding Flash Players. You can edit and adjust the Embed Code displayed in the players any way you want just by editing the following files,

"include/plugins/jrPlaylist/nv_2.default.tpl" file for the Nova Players
"include/plugins/jrPlaylist/fb_2.default.tpl" file for the Flashback Players

Quote:
And lastly, I would LOVE a much larger video screen. The tiny tiny one just does the vids NO justice, and my members complain about it a lot.

Basically the video player was designed to match the audio player for looks. It has built in "Full Screen Mode" for anyone wanting a larger view. But all the Nova Players are resizeable so you can actually change the overall size of the players to anything you want within reason. So if you would like to keep your Nova Players but want to have a larger viewing screen, I would suggest that you take the "Nova_flv_360x280.swf" Player and install it where you want but change the size to enlarge it.

Hope all this makes sense.......
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
Jynxx

Posted: 08/26/10 10:51 
It does Smile
And I know WHY the players do that thing with the slider, I just said that its an issue I dont like lol.
And I never knew about the embed code modification, so thanks for that Smile

AND.... I knew you could resize them, but always figured it would make the players bigger, and I just wanted a bigger screen, but not a full screen. Some of the players on your flash site are like what I mean.

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 08/26/10 17:07 

Jynxx:
It does Smile
And I know WHY the players do that thing with the slider, I just said that its an issue I dont like lol.
And I never knew about the embed code modification, so thanks for that Smile

AND.... I knew you could resize them, but always figured it would make the players bigger, and I just wanted a bigger screen, but not a full screen. Some of the players on your flash site are like what I mean.

Be careful if you edit the embed code. Its currently setup to be "Universal" and should work on any site that allows embedding the players. So if you start editing it, you may find it will work on some sites but not all sites.

And Yes resizing does make the whole player larger, but if you use the popup "Nova_flv_360x280.swf" player and make it larger, then it should still look good and match the other players.

But you could always try these players too.... Wink
http://www.jamroom.net/index.php?m=td_market&o=browse&category=Jamroom+Players
Scroll down to the bottom,
DS Flash Video Skins For Jamroom 3.1 or later

They don't have embed code snippers and are not resizeable but they should work with Jamroom 4 and they come in 3 different sizes.
Plus they are "Free"

Hope this helps.....
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products