Jamroom Help:
pay pal with JR 5 ?
izhmel

Posted: 04/07/13 17:38 
How to use pay pal with JR 5 ?

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/08/13 06:41 
You would setup your FoxyCart account to use PayPal - all the config is handled in your control panel at foxycart:

https://admin.foxycart.com/admin.php

- Brian

izhmel

Posted: 04/08/13 07:06 
is it free ?

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/08/13 07:18 
It's free to test/develop on, but then it has a monthly fee:

http://www.foxycart.com/pricing-signup

- Brian

izhmel

Posted: 04/08/13 08:09 
I'm upset about this, it would have bin ok if we were selling regularly , but sometimes there no sales and if I had none about this, I would not have purchased "JR5" all the money invested in "JR4" went down the toilet because we cant upgrade to JR5 and use the skins,and now hearing about a new payment system that cost each month is not cool .
All my customers in the US and UK uses pay-pal and trust pay-pal .

I feel cornered , bait and switched with JR5, and feel like there should be a payment system like JR4 and foxycart as an option .

This is not cool

??? whats the logical reason why all customers using JR4 that never had a monthly expense now have to pay for foxycart when they upgrade to JR5 .

JR4 is going to be discontinued giving JR4 users no choice but to upgrade to JR5, this is not cool .

Please don't give any verbal garbage for this action "why pay-pal cant work with JR5" since 95% of the web stores uses pay-pal and trust pay-pal more .

I and most people never herd of "foxycart" and I bet J4 users is not going to like the new payment system that cost especially when there are no sales and is going to agree with me.

I see foxycart as greedy "Standard $15/month Billed Anually 15¢/transaction", 15% from a mp3 sale of 99¢
+ $15/month = $180 a year is unfair, and is making more money than I Tunes and all the digital stores combined.

Dose foxycart and Jamroom have some sweetheart deal for doing this new payment system ? I refuse to accept any argument why pay-pal cant work with JR5

Please don't give any verbal garbage for this action

The Scientist .

Last edited by izhmel on 04/08/13 08:44; edited 4 times in total
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/08/13 08:23 

izhmel:

Please don't give any verbal garbage for this action "why pay-pal cant work with JR5" since 95% of the web stores uses pay-pal and trust pay-pal more .

JR5 works with PayPal just like before. Your users will still pay you through PayPal. The only difference is the transaction will go through FoxyCart before coming to your Jamroom.

We know not everyone is going to be happy about having to use FoxyCart, but we feel that those sites that are serious about selling through their Jamroom will have no problem spending the $15 per month, as FoxyCart adds a lot of advantages for both the user as well as the system owner. If you have "no sales" as you say, then it probably doesn't make sense for you to even offer stuff for sale on your site.

Remember too - if you are unhappy with this setup you can always develop your own PayPal module that works exactly as you want, or find a developer to create it for you. You can always continue to use JR4 as well - just because it is not "new" does not mean it does not work, or that you are being forced to upgrade.

- Brian

izhmel

Posted: 04/08/13 08:37 

Quote:
Remember too - if you are unhappy with this setup you can always develop your own PayPal module that works exactly as you want, or find a developer to create it for you. You can always continue to use JR4 as well - just because it is not "new" does not mean it does not work, or that you are being forced to upgrade.

Why do we have to pay to develop a payment system for JR5, when we already payed for one in JR4 that is useless in JR5 ? this is a waist of money for JR4 users

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/08/13 08:43 
Why do you pay for Windows 8 or Windows 7 (or whatever operating system you run) when Windows 95 was already an operating system?

Again - you don't have to run JR5. Stay with JR4 if it has what you need.

- Brian

izhmel

Posted: 04/08/13 09:38 

Quote:
Posted: 08 Apr 2013 15:43
Why do you pay for Windows 8 or Windows 7 (or whatever operating system you run) when Windows 95 was already an operating system?

This is the developers game when the make mistakes forcing users to upgrade. I already bought JR5 , can I have a refund ?

JR4 is filled with bugs just look in the forum and you see all the problems .

imagine upgrading to Windows 8 and bin told to browse the internet is " $15/month +15 c per web page or you can stay with windows 95 with all the bugs that is not supported any more with upgrades and bug fixes .

luis890

Posted: 04/08/13 10:13 

izhmel:

Quote:
Posted: 08 Apr 2013 15:43

This is the developers game when the make mistakes forcing users to upgrade. I already bought JR5 , can I have a refund ?

JR4 is filled with bugs just look in the forum and you see all the problems .

imagine upgrading to Windows 8 and bin told to browse the internet is " $15/month +15 c per web page or you can stay with windows 95 with all the bugs that is not supported any more with upgrades and bug fixes .

I kind of feel the same way as Izhmel.
Are you guys planning to develop a module just for paypal the same as jr4. With this option we have the option to use FoxyCart if needed or stay with just PayPal and disable FoxyCart.
I think this will be a much better solution and a lot of JR owners will appreciate that. I don't like to be in the darkness with old tech. I prefer to be on top or in the same level, but that doesn't necessary means that I have to pay extra monthly service fees for a service that will not generate or is generating a very low revenue.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/08/13 10:21 
I don't believe we will develop a completely separate module that basically duplicates everything the foxycart module does. However we are going to be looking into a way (if it is possible) to provide some sort of payment method through FoxyCart for sites that want to sell stuff but don't want to subscribe to FoxyCart. I can't guarantee something is going to be setup as we may not find a way for it to work, but that's our goal.

This was a tough decision on our end, but ultimately I believe the correct one - developing gateway processor interfaces is not easy and ultimately there's no way we can support the wide range of processors that FoxyCart supports. Having the team at FoxyCart be able to focus 100% on just the checkout and integration portion is a big win for everyone (in my opinion).

I (again) know that not everyone is going to agree with that position, but we have to take a position that we feel is going to benefit all JR users, and not just JR users who happen to be in a country that can get a paypal account.

- Brian

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/08/13 10:23 
One thing that would be easy to develop (as a module) is a simple "donate" via PayPal module - if you're doing under $15 per month in sales, this might actually be a better route to go (maybe adsense + donations).

- Brian

izhmel

Posted: 04/08/13 10:40 
I don't believe we will develop a completely separate module that basically duplicates everything the foxycart module does. However we are going to be looking into a way (if it is possible) to provide some sort of payment method through FoxyCart for sites that want to sell stuff but don't want to subscribe to FoxyCart. I can't guarantee something is going to be setup as we may not find a way for it to work, but that's our goal.

This was a tough decision on our end, but ultimately I believe the correct one - developing gateway processor interfaces is not easy and ultimately there's no way we can support the wide range of processors that FoxyCart supports. Having the team at FoxyCart be able to focus 100% on just the checkout and integration portion is a big win for everyone (in my opinion).

This is the verbal garbage I'm talking about

I (again) know that not everyone is going to agree with that position, but we have to take a position that we feel is going to benefit all JR users, and not just JR users who happen to be in a country that can get a paypal account.

- Brian[quote]

Why make the majority of us have to get a payment system that cost $180 per year + 15 c per sale just because a few countries don't use pay pal, let those country that can get a pay-pal account use the foxycart greedy system

Last edited by izhmel on 04/08/13 10:43; edited 1 time in total
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/08/13 10:41 
Just a follow up here to ask a question - if the Jamroom Network (us) provided basically a "middle man" service to FoxyCart - i.e. we pick up the FoxyCart tab and you could run our cart on your site, would that be acceptable? Remember that when the user checked out their payment would be sent to "The Jamroom Network" - not your site name. We would simply "payout" on a monthly basis to those sites that had sales so you in turn could pay your artists. This would allow you to have a cart/subscriptions without having a FoxyCart account.

This was what we were looking into, but I wonder if the lack of being able to "brand it" for your site would be a deal breaker or not.

Thanks!

- Brian

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/08/13 10:43 

izhmel:

This is the verbal garbage I'm talking about

I will refund your JR5 super pack purchase - this type of response indicates you have no plans to actually read what I've posted or take anything I say into consideration, so it's clear that JR5 is likely not going to work for you.

Please contact us at support@jamroom.net with your purchase email address - you can use the money to move to a different system you feel will meet your needs better.

- Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

1234567Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons