Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
hi-fi song as vault file option in JR5
nixt

Posted: 05/05/13 07:15 
Hi,
in JR4 there was this option that allowed uploading a different file than the mp3 as the vault file. For example, using the mp3 as an audio demo but actually selling a zip file containing samples or midi files.
Is that possible with JR5 and how ?

Thanks !

andersda

Posted: 05/08/13 22:44 
I'm curious about this as well. I'm interested in having 3 files:
accept wav or 320mp3
autocreate 128 mp3 for browsing
sell the wav at a premium to the default 320k mp3

Still not very clear on how commerce works with Foxycart and no more vault. Still hoping for some documentation soon.

nixt

Posted: 06/02/13 12:20 
Is there any news concerning this point now that beta 8 is here ? Maybe there is a way to do this using the bundles...

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/02/13 14:06 
Jamroom5 will save the original uploaded file and that one will be supplied if the track is bought.
The original file (be it wav, wma, mp3, whatever) will then be converted to mp3 at the bitrate specified by admin, and it is that mp3 that is used by the players.
So, for example, upload a wav, customer will hear a 128Kb mp3 version of it, and when bought, customer will get the wav.
hth
Pa

nixt

Posted: 06/02/13 14:30 
But what if the original uploaded file is a .zip file ? Could we then upload an mp3 demo file to illustrate the .zip file ?
So the product is represented by the song with an audio player but you when you buy it, it is the .zip file that you download.

Michael
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/02/13 21:28 
Try:
* create a new file via the jrFile modules
* upload the song via the jrAudio module
* create a "bundle" of the 2 and sell it for what you want.

Currently there isn't a play button on the bundle page, but ill add one in for release.

nixt

Posted: 06/02/13 22:21 
Thank you Michael. With the play button added to the bundles that might be the solution.

nixt

Posted: 06/02/13 22:26 
Now how difficult would it be to create a custom form where we would have everything ready in one place : upload file, upload mp3, upload image, (add another file), create bundle. ?

Michael
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/02/13 22:54 

nixt:
Now how difficult would it be to create a custom form where we would have everything ready in one place : upload file, upload mp3, upload image, (add another file), create bundle. ?

That would be a custom module. Smile

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/07/13 15:40 

nixt:

Create Album does all this for you.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

nixt

Posted: 06/07/13 16:14 

Quote:

Create Album does all this for you

Except that I don't see how to upload a .zip file in an album... This type of file doesn't appear in the list of allowed uploads in the admin -> audio -> quota config

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 06/07/13 16:40 
You can select "file" as the field type in the form designer.

The form designer is mind blowing.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/07/13 16:45 
So you want an additional ZIP file in addition to the audio files? If it is a zip that contains the audio files, it's not needed - after purchase from My Files the user can download the bundle (album) as a zip.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

nixt

Posted: 06/07/13 16:56 
Here's what I want : I want users to be able to sell not songs but sample packs, midi files, project files, anything that other musicians could use for their own productions.
So I would like them to upload their files as a .zip file and then upload an audio file which would be a demo of what they are selling. So when browsing, users would see the images of the products and they could listen to the audio demos for each of them.
If I could have one form to upload the zip file, the audio file and the image, and then be able to sort theses products while keeping the link between the audio demo and the file, that would be great.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/07/13 17:16 

nixt:
Here's what I want : I want users to be able to sell not songs but sample packs, midi files, project files, anything that other musicians could use for their own productions.
So I would like them to upload their files as a .zip file and then upload an audio file which would be a demo of what they are selling. So when browsing, users would see the images of the products and they could listen to the audio demos for each of them.
If I could have one form to upload the zip file, the audio file and the image, and then be able to sort theses products while keeping the link between the audio demo and the file, that would be great.

To get it all on one form, you'd need something custom. But JR5 is setup to handle this:

- upload all non music files to the "files" section
- upload audio or video files to respective sections
- click on the small bundle button icon in the audio file and create a new bundle with the price you want
- add any other files you want to that new bundle by clicking on their bundle icon and adding it to it.

The Bundle module with JR5 has been designed to allow you to sell bundles of almost anything, so it's very flexible and easy to use.

Creating a custom module to handle your specific use case is doable too.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

12Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core