Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Ultrabubble:
Question about SefJam customization
jp

Posted: 11/22/07 20:40 
Hey SteveX,

I am thinking about giving my JamRoom a present because it has been such a good little JamRoom this year, and I think SefJam would make it very happy. However, to this point I have been making all the friendly URLs myself by removing spaces and having the name just be /artistname instead of /artist_name.

If I change this, current refering links that go directly to artist pages won't work anymore and I'll have a gazillion podcasts out there with wrong instructions to get to an artist page. Is there a possibility of customization so that instead of adding an underscore, SefJam writes the URL by simply removing the space? (I have also been converting "&" to the word "and", but I think that's probably asking a bit much!) This way, the majority of my artist URLs won't change and I don't have to bug them all by sending them an announcement of their new friendly url.

Anyway, this is the reason I have not purchased SefJam to this point, but I thought I might as well ask and see if this is something that can be accomodated since I have been forgetting to write the new friendly urls when I unhide pages and would love to have it be on less thing I do manually.

Jill

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 11/23/07 02:50 
Hi Jill,

I'm sure we can get something working, how many artists do you estimate you have that do not use the standard friendly url?

We'll need a special set of rules or handling in the script for them, exactly how would depend on how many artists you have in total until now, and how many of those have customised friendly names, so can you pm me that info?

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
jp

Posted: 11/23/07 11:46 
Hi again,

Actually, I would need to have all of the new friendly urls written without the space as well, which is where the problem comes in (we generically announce in all the podcasts to find the artist page by typing in the artist name without spaces and having some one way and some another would be WAY too complex for us to try to explain during the shows!).

So, it's as much what happens in the future as what I did in the past that needs to be accomodated. Not sure if it can work that way - would it actually need a hack to how the JamRoom script writes the friendly urls more than a SefJam thing?

Jill

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 11/23/07 13:22 
Let me look into this over the weekend Jill, I'm sure something can be done, possibly without touching the Jamroom core files.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
jp

Posted: 11/26/07 21:28 
Hey Steve,

Any thoughts on this after the weekend here? (Actually, I am not in a hurry, so whenever you have time is just fine with me.) I just to make sure that I dropped a note to let you know I'm still hoping to hear this is do-able without too much additional work.

Thanks!

Jill

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Ultrabubble

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons