Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Ultrabubble:
SefJam with the Cluster Conversion Servers?
malady

Posted: 12/30/07 15:20 
I think I read somewhere on here that this does not work if you have the cluster conversion server. Is this correct and is that expected to change ever?

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 12/31/07 02:37 
Yes, SefJam doesn't work with the cluster server and is unlikely to do so in the near future. This is because of the problems with rewriting urls between two different machines. It may be possible (particularly if you are running the cluster on one machine for it's conversion features rather than across several servers to save money by using cheaper disks), but I don't see myself taking the time to work on this in the near future at least.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
malady

Posted: 12/31/07 08:32 

SteveX:
Yes, SefJam doesn't work with the cluster server and is unlikely to do so in the near future. This is because of the problems with rewriting urls between two different machines. It may be possible (particularly if you are running the cluster on one machine for it's conversion features rather than across several servers to save money by using cheaper disks), but I don't see myself taking the time to work on this in the near future at least.
Does this mean that users will not be able to choose a custom URL for their pages etc.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 01/01/08 02:37 
The friendly url on the master server doesn't resolve to the artist directory on the remote server.

Users do not choose a friendly url with SefJam, it uses their artist name. You need to switch off "custom url" when using SefJam.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Ultrabubble

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules