Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Ultrabubble:
Friendly urls does not work
msultani

Posted: 03/12/08 13:06 
I upgraded from version 3.2.2 to 3.2.5 and now non of my friendly urls work. Any suggestions.

Thanks

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 03/12/08 17:45 
Can you post a link and perhaps what is happening when your links don't work?

Do you get an error message (in which case what does it say)? Or do you mean that you arrive at the wrong page? Or that you arrive at the right page and the oldmembers/xx address shows in the address field on your browser?

Assuming that you haven't just installed the cluster server on a live jamroom site at the same time as upgrading to the cluster server (which doesn't work with sefjam), pm or email me your ftp and JR admin details for your test installation and I will take a look in the morning (UK time).

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
msultani

Posted: 03/12/08 18:22 
Hello Steve,

PMed you the info, to the site. I will be leaving soon and don't have access to internet for the next 20 hours, so I will talk to you Friday night.

Thanks
Amin

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 03/14/08 09:08 
I have made the SefJam urls work on the master server, and things seem to be working but this is an entirely untested situation.

If things are working, you would be best off only using the master server for accounts - any accounts you move to clusters will stop working.

You might be ok with using the cluster to encode mp3/flv files, but that is entirely untested as well.

If you need to disable sefjam you can replace the htaccess file with the Jamroom one, the sefjam script can stay in place. You will also need to reinstate the commented out lines in the htaccess in your master server members directory, or jsut upload that file from your local Jamroom files.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

msultani

Posted: 03/14/08 12:10 
Do you if SefJam would be ready for cluster anytime soon?

What was the problem with my site?

Is everything going to work 100% on the main server?

Thanks

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 03/14/08 13:39 
As I said before I have been working on the cluster server urls, but it is not ready yet and there is no release date in mind.

The problem with your site was that you installed the cluster server on a site with SefJam on it and as clearly stated, SefJam does not work with the cluster server.

SefJam does not work with the cluster server at the moment so you are exploring new territory, you will have to try it and see.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Ultrabubble

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules