Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
wordpress bridge
kacoblack

Posted: 06/02/08 08:32 
Is any one else beside dioncis who can bridge jamroom and wordpress together? i need to jamroom users to be able to respond to wordpress post.

thanks.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/08/08 21:32 

kacoblack:
Is any one else beside dioncis who can bridge jamroom and wordpress together? i need to jamroom users to be able to respond to wordpress post.

thanks.

This is something I can look into - wordpress is pretty simple so it might be fairly easy.

Thanks!

- Brian

kacoblack

Posted: 06/09/08 07:29 
great!

Smile

kacoblack

Posted: 06/11/08 09:05 
is there such a give $ to jamroom's charity so this can be ahead of other requests?

Laughing

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/11/08 09:56 

kacoblack:
is there such a give $ to jamroom's charity so this can be ahead of other requests?

Laughing

Yes there is Wink

I offer the ability for someone to "sponsor" scripts/modules in Jamroom - basically this means you purchase the priority, and I give you first shot at the script. The script will be placed in the general release (i.e. it is not exclusive) and supported.

If interested, contact me at support@jamroom.net

Thanks!

- Brian

kacoblack

Posted: 06/11/08 10:29 
email sent Laughing

dionsis

Posted: 06/11/08 15:06 
kaco you should explain what kind of bridge you are actually looking for

brian will only develop the standard type bridge, create user, update user, delete user

you need to explain to him the differences in what your trying to do. Otherwise you will end up disapointed

Posted: 06/11/08 22:20 

dionsis:

brian will only develop the standard type bridge, create user, update user, delete user

that sounds reasonable, all users should be able to reply to posts in wordpress without having to re-register for a new account. going from jamroom to wordpress should be as easy as moving from rating a profile to post in the board.

dionsis

Posted: 06/12/08 04:58 

kacoblack:

dionsis:

that sounds reasonable, all users should be able to reply to posts in wordpress without having to re-register for a new account. going from jamroom to wordpress should be as easy as moving from rating a profile to post in the board.

There will be no dual login, user will have to log into each system individually

you wont be able to just integrate wordpress instead of the JR blogs like you were describing

you will however maybe be able to use wordpress as the main page of the site and have it link off to the other parts of jamroom

Posted: 06/12/08 08:11 
whats the point of a bridge if you can't do nothing with it? now, taking you word as the law of the land, since you are the bridge master, JR should open a little more and be more accessible to the development community so fresh ideas on how to approach the backend and interface code can come this way.

it would be very hopeful if Brian tell us what's possible.

thanks.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/12/08 08:26 

kacoblack:
whats the point of a bridge if you can't do nothing with it? now, taking you word as the law of the land, since you are the bridge master, JR should open a little more and be more accessible to the development community so fresh ideas on how to approach the backend and interface code can come this way.

it would be very hopeful if Brian tell us what's possible.

thanks.

A Jamroom -> Wordpress Bridge would make it so any user that created an account in your Jamroom would have an account created in Wordpress, so they would not have to register 2 times.

"dual login" is much trickier, since you in effect have to write a session cookie for the other app, when not IN that app.

Jamroom bridges are meant to keep user accounts synchronized - not "fully" integrate 2 different applications.

Also - I should note that Dionsis doesn't speak for me, and "brian will only develop the standard type bridge" is incorrect - if a customer wants something custom done, and is willing to pay for the custom work, I can work with a customer on their requirements.

Thanks!

- Brian

kacoblack

Posted: 06/12/08 14:45 
Brian, an email was sent but not sure if you got it or not. if i can get a time frame of when will you have some time to work on this bridge that would be great.

Thanks.

dionsis

Posted: 06/13/08 06:50 
Sorry Brian, i didnt mean to speak for you, i was only stating my belief as previously you wernt available for custom stuff

Didnt mean to step on any toes

Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/17/08 16:28 

kacoblack:
Brian, an email was sent but not sure if you got it or not. if i can get a time frame of when will you have some time to work on this bridge that would be great.

Thanks.

I did respond to your email the same day you sent it - let me know if you need me to resend it.

Thanks!

- Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons