Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization:
Theme with "autowidth" or width of no more than 52
cix7records

Posted: 12/22/04 08:44 
Can someone point me to a jamroom theme that either can shrink down to a width of 525 px or one that will already fit into that area without having a scroll bar at the bottom? I haven't looked through everything available so I'm being a bit lazy by asking here. I am developing a new artist site for the labels I work with and it's done in phpnuke so I want artist pages to load in the center block instead of a new window. Currently, with the default template, the JamRoom pages don't fint into the 525 frame I am using for the rest of the site so it requires the viewer to scroll from left to right to see everytthing in the JamRoom frame. Any ideas which templates I should look at or perhaps a designer who will do a custom design (for a fee, of course)? I haven't had the time to read up on the documentation to create my own themes as I've been working on 2 upcoming albums and several websites so any help is greatly appreciated.

(\/)oni jOhnsOn
theGrindLab Inc

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 12/22/04 16:14 
Are you trying to put the theme into an Iframe?

I could help you get this done after the new year... I'm knee deep right now Very Happy

Cheers!

"more server and network power than any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
cix7records

Posted: 12/23/04 07:34 
Actually, I wasn't intending to you an iframe but that is always an option. I am more interested in just using a nukewrap to point to the Jamroom artist pages so that they show up in the middle block. It's similar to using ifram. I can even specify dimensions. That requires that the template used will accept the specified dimensions though. Thanks for the reply.

jagor

Posted: 01/30/05 12:06 

Quote:
Can someone point me to a jamroom theme that either can shrink down to a width of 525 px or one that will already fit into that area without having a scroll bar at the bottom?

I think I can help you with this....

1. You can do it by opening the page you want to wrapp example: rating.php, music_header.tpl ... and where you see a table width=100% paste a : width=500px or other.

or

2. Go in to the CSS file that controls the file you want to wrapp, and see what stiyle is asociated for the tables. I suggest to install Firefox 1.0 and download Web Developer extension for it.

Must be somethink like:

thTable {
border: 0px;
width: 100%;
}

and change it to

thTable {
border: 0px;
width: 780px;
}

Dont mix bouth ways or will experiance problems.
Use only CSS or only hardcoding ....thats mean that if you preffer to change the code inside the doccument (width=500px) you must search and delete the definision for width from CSS.

also dont forget to controll the wrapper parameters for the dimmensions from your admin pannel in the CMS (mambo, phpnuke or other) and set "NO" to Scroling and "YES" to autosize of the wrapp....

Hope that will help you cix7records! good luck!

jagor

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules