Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization:
NEW USER CUSTOMIZATION REQUEST
scheroq

Posted: 03/13/05 16:41 
Hello everyone,

I am posting to see if anyone would be interested in helping to modify my site. I had jamroom do the original installation yesterday and now I would like to make some changes to the look of it.

I would like to incorporate my business logo into the site design.

I am also having a problem, that when you log into bassfoundation.com, it pulls up an error page. I was told that I need to unassign bassfoundation.com from website creator (hosting application) then move all of my files to the root folder. I am not too sure how to do this. I do not want to mess anything up.

ie. you need to type bassfoundation.com/login.php in order to get to the main page. As you can see this can be very annoying. I would like it so that all you have to type is bassfoundation.com and your there.

Thanks
Brian

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 03/13/05 16:59 

scheroq:
Hello everyone,

I am posting to see if anyone would be interested in helping to modify my site. I had jamroom do the original installation yesterday and now I would like to make some changes to the look of it.

I would like to incorporate my business logo into the site design.

I am also having a problem, that when you log into bassfoundation.com, it pulls up an error page. I was told that I need to unassign bassfoundation.com from website creator (hosting application) then move all of my files to the root folder. I am not too sure how to do this. I do not want to mess anything up.

ie. you need to type bassfoundation.com/login.php in order to get to the main page. As you can see this can be very annoying. I would like it so that all you have to type is bassfoundation.com and your there.

Thanks
Brian

Brian -

welcome to the Jamroom Forums!

t make the "login.php" page be the default page for entry into your site, simply add this line to the .htaccess file in your root directory:

Code

DirectoryIndex logni.php index.php index.htm index.html

And that will make it so the login.php page will be the default one for your site.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

scheroq

Posted: 03/13/05 17:13 
Thanks for designing such a great program!!

I hate to ask a stupid question, but how do I change the code in the .htaccess file in your root directory? I can access the file using fetch ftp, but am not sure what to do from there.

Thanks

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 03/13/05 18:08 
Once you have the file on your desktop (or where-ever your favorite place to download to is), just open the .htaccess file with your notepad.

Note, it should actually say:

Code
DirectoryIndex login.php index.php index.htm index.html

We typo a bit sometimes Wink

Cheers!

"more server and network power than any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
scheroq

Posted: 03/13/05 18:12 
I put this code into the htaccess file at the very bottom. I used bbedit to make the changes. I seem to still have the same problem. When I type bassfoundation.com, I get an error page. When I type bassfoundation.com/login.php everything works fine. Do know how I can move the jamroom files to bassfoundation root folder. This is what my hosting site told me I needed to do.

Thanks in advance

brian

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 03/13/05 18:14 
Sorry, I actually just came back to post that the code should go in the very top of the file Wink

Try that and let us know how it goes~

Cheers!

scheroq

Posted: 03/13/05 18:36 
I think I finnaly figured out why I am having the problem. All of the files were installed on a root directory /wsc118488337 that is linked to my hosting application. All of these files need to be moved to the root directory /. Is there anyway you can help me figure out how to do this. My biggest concern is that when they did the jamroom install, they configured it to mysql databases. How can I make sure that everything stays configured in the moving of files.

Thanks
Brian

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 03/13/05 19:45 
~Looking at it now~

Done~

OK, heres the thing. Jamroom is installed in the right spot. There is some type of problem with your webserver though.

It doesn't even process the .htaccess file, which is pretty lame. The root directory you are talking about is not a public directory, so nobody would be able to see your site there.

You can see Jamroom is right here: http://bassfoundation.com/index.php

Why your server won't open it by default with just the domain name...I don't know? I would suggest contacting your webhost and ask them what the deal is with your webserver. Your .htaccess file is indeed setup correctly and should work fine on any apache webserver.

Hope this helps~

Cheers!

scheroq

Posted: 03/13/05 20:08 
Thanks for everything!!!

I checked with my web hosting service and they told me there was a bug that needed to be corrected. Hopefully this will be resolved shortly. I should be good to go from there.

Brian

Very Happy

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons