Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
DS Flash Players:
DS player embed feature
guitarman

Posted: 03/01/09 11:24 
Hi There , I have am artist having problem embeding their players into their websites, however they have no problem with adding it to myspace. What are the normal causes of this ? Ive also noticed that some players are not showing their code when embed tag clicked.

player type is - New IPlayer-II I have both large and small installed
regards
Chris

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 03/01/09 14:37 

alderdice:
Hi There , I have am artist having problem embeding their players into their websites, however they have no problem with adding it to myspace. What are the normal causes of this ? Ive also noticed that some players are not showing their code when embed tag clicked.

player type is - New IPlayer-II I have both large and small installed
regards
Chris

Hi Chris,
(1.) I'm not sure why someone would have a problem embeding the player on their own site but not on Myspace.
Usually its the other way around. Wink
The embed code created by the players is standard HTML embed code and should work fine when used on any website. But I guess I would need to see how they are using it and what is not working for me to help on this issue. Do you have a site where I can see what is not working??

(2.) If the players are installed as per the instructions, they should always show the embed code whenever a song is played. If they don't then the most common problem would be the "format=ip_M" is missing from the code used to install the player on the page.

GCFireSprinkler.com
guitarman

Posted: 03/01/09 21:50 
Ok I think I can see whats going on with the embed code. It will only display after you have started the player. Is there any way to get the player to load the first track, or this is could prevent people from generating a code.
Cheers Chris

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 03/01/09 22:20 

alderdice:
Ok I think I can see whats going on with the embed code. It will only display after you have started the player. Is there any way to get the player to load the first track, or this is could prevent people from generating a code.
Cheers Chris

Hi Chris,
I have been asked this question many times........
You can have the player load the first track by simply making the player auto start when your page loads. I can also program into the player to load the first track and then pause after it does, but this creates side affects on your webpage that your not going to like.

When the player loads the first track and then pauses, the music sream continues to download (even though the song has stopped) and your webpage will stop loading untill the stream has finished. And without the song already playing, the player doesn't know what artist to create the embed code for, so there is no way to get it without a song playing.

I guess I could put a message where the embed code would be, to play a song to get the embed code?

I'll look into that.......

GCFireSprinkler.com
guitarman

Posted: 03/01/09 22:27 

Quote:
I guess I could put a message where the embed code would be, to play a song to get the embed code?

Yes that is probably the easiest solution , I have just added some text into the template just above the player as a temp solution , but your idea sounds awesome. this is the text I am now using;

To place your players onto additional sites. Click play, then click embed tab. Copy code and then place into your web page.

Cheers Chris

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 03/01/09 22:42 
I'll look into getting this fixed up for everybody this weekend.
Check back with me next Sunday........

Thanks
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
guitarman

Posted: 03/01/09 22:56 
Cool, thats great news. Ive also had some awesome feedback about your players since uploading them to my site. Very versatile and dynamic.

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 03/01/09 23:09 
Thanks Chris,
I appreciate the nice comments....... Very Happy

Thanks.....

GCFireSprinkler.com
daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 03/15/09 21:09 
Hey Chris,
I think I have this worked out but I need to do some additional testing to make sure. Try to check back with me in a few days.

GCFireSprinkler.com
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
DS Flash Players

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules