Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Developers:
PHP Issue
gov

Posted: 04/14/09 12:34 
Help please!!!!

I have created 2 new input sections in both the artist and user profile - {$BAND_LOG} {$BAND_PASS} and {$USER_LOG} {$USER_PASS}.

I now need to be able to call the contents of either User or Band input sections into a PHP script reading something like like

<?php
$log ='I need to put the data in the User or Band Log input section here but not sure how to';
$pass ='I need to put the data in the User or Band Pass input section here but not sure how to';

This is not a standard Jamroom PHP script it is an external PHP script that I am looking to incorporate into our site.

Any help is much appreciated

Cheers
Gov

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/14/09 17:40 
To get those values into an external PHP script, I'd recommend creating a custom template with a ranking function inside that "echos" the data, then capture it into your PHP script - it's not that easy to do though. I could probably help with a better way if I understood a little better what you were trying to do though.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

gov

Posted: 04/16/09 04:08 
Thanks for the reply Bigguy - basically we have a PHP script that will allow us to write a status update to Twitter from our site (I have tested it with my Twitter User & Password and it works a treat). What we are now looking to do is allow any user on our site post messages to twitter via their control panel on our site (it will also post the same status update on our site killing 2 birds with one stone).

The problem is when we tested my Twitter user and password we had to hard code the user name and password into the new PHP script. We are now looking to replace this hardcoded user name and password with data that our user will post in the 2 new input boxes that we generated on their profiles.

Now we need to find out a way to pull this data in from the 2 new input sections and place it in our new PHP script in order for the PHP script to post the status updates to the users Twitter account.

Appreciate any help you can offer.

Cheers
Gov

P.S. If we can get this to work the next aim is to post status updates on Facebook etc..

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Developers

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules
• Jamroom Marketplace