Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Developers:
New idea for Includeding Songs
gov

Posted: 07/17/09 00:31 
Hi Folks

I dont know if this was asked already, but could you's add a tick box to the Included Songs page and then an add button, it takes to long to add a song as you have to click add for each and every song you want to add, if there was a tick box it would be much easier to add songs, just an idea for 4.1

cheers
Gov

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 07/17/09 01:17 
What is the difference between clicking a checkbox for each song and then pressing save, and clicking the add button for each song and then pressing save?

You probably meant to post this into the Suggestions forum.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
gov

Posted: 07/17/09 01:21 
I didnt see the Suggestions forum. the difference between it is that you can tick the songs you want and in one go you can save all them, right now you have to add then it reloads then add then it reloads and you have to do this for every song until you have the songs you want, then you have to hit save, the tick box would save time

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 07/17/09 01:27 
This is in the popups for Add to Station?

That should be loading so fast for you that you can just move your mouse and then click again, no waiting at all. Try turning caching on in your browser, and check that your server is not overloaded.

If you are waiting for that tiny amount of data to reload, imagine what your users will experience when you have two of them trying to load the index page at the same time.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 07/17/09 03:21 
You could upload all the songs first with the MultiUploader module (and do something else whilst its happening) then just import them from the profile uploads folder. That would save the time waiting for each song to upload?
Pa

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 07/17/09 13:24 
I think he's talking about the Radio Songs selector (as well as the TV video selector) - it has been on my to do list for 6 months or so to convert it over to using AJAX instead of a page refresh, which should make it really fast. This will be coming, I'm not sure if it will make it for 4.1, but possibly.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Developers

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons