Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Developers:
New Mod Skeleton = Mod Validation Team
SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 09/29/09 02:30 
I could give some project management facilities for developing modules, but for reviewing them and finding out which are good and bad I think you already have the best tool for that job in using this forum. Follow it for a few months and it will probably become obvious as to who you would want to work with.

The added benefit is that all conversations are out in the open and can be linked to forevermore.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
cmpnetwork

Posted: 09/29/09 06:33 
Are you Saying that pretty much everyone is bad on the forums here? a couple postings now you made it pretty clear that to avoid people for some odd reason.

I can understand what you are saying as well you do not really want some noob testing out modules when they do not really know what they do or what they are about and just want free product or something, however i think for the people who "contribute" the most in the forums (kyle, brian, 6strings, daddy, yourself, and a few others) they should be on the top hit list to be testers.

However everyone has their own unique ability to do things on jamroom that is why i have always liked the community and forums here since everyone who owns a site or comes here out of the blue asking questions 9 times out of 10 they will get a answer to a question within 1 to 2 hours based on the issue or whatever the question was. So that is why i like jamroom and people coming together to try and make things super advanced, however i have seen a lot of people who come out guns drawn and acting like they are going to do something and dont or well the time consumes them so much they get bored of jamroom or something.

SteveX:
I could give some project management facilities for developing modules, but for reviewing them and finding out which are good and bad I think you already have the best tool for that job in using this forum. Follow it for a few months and it will probably become obvious as to who you would want to work with.

The added benefit is that all conversations are out in the open and can be linked to forevermore.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 09/29/09 06:45 
No, not at all, these forums are a great place and, for the most part, frequented by some great people.

I certainly wouldn't want to be a module tester, but you can download my free modules and test those if you like. Of course they have already been tested, but you could always test them again.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
2tunes

Posted: 09/29/09 08:44 
I've looked at the mods available now and don't really see any that are really that useful for my site. I've added the MySpace mod after testing it on my development server.

I'm not a coder and being a tester doesn't mean I want the mods for free it means that I want to help the community develop quality. Plus I have a test server where I can implement the mod with out having to worry about damaging my site. This I believe would be very helpful to the community.

As far as other picking up on old projects just look at PHPNuke, OScommerce, and XOOPS all of which have been copied so many times you don't know which is which anymore. XOOPS has almost 400 mods and about the same in skins. Where one has stopped another has picked up and continued to develop only changing the name of the mod.

Currently I'm trying to redesign an image voting script to use for MP3 voting. The developer of the script has given his OK to use his standalone script. I'm a hacker like I said, I don't write code I try to change what's out there to fit my needs.

Mods I'd like to see:
Record a 30 second MP3 announcement/commercial
Band Newsletter/Emailer to fans
Multiple JR Site Submit (if I submit to 440music it also submits to other JR site that share info)

I have other ideas but those are the top three.

Tom Cool

PS I could use some help rewriting the voting script.

Going Beyond The Reach Of Satellite
smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 09/29/09 11:07 
Just an aside that bands can already send messages/emails to fans from their "fans" page in the control panel.

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Developers

< Previous123

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core