Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Developers:
jr ranking to display ad
jamesd116

Posted: 11/25/09 14:25 
i have been trying to get thisfigured out I think i may be finally on the right track I have been trying to display the info which i can do in a general sense as a whole but when i click on the link to try and display all of the info for the selceted individual classified ad.
I am thinking that it starts with using the ranking system.... so far I have

Code
 {jr_ranking mode="adClassified" band_id="{$BAND_ID}" show="1" row_template='adClassified_display.tpl'}

and then the adClassified.tpl displays the table for all of the info from the db
as below Am I on the right track.

Code
  <div class="item"> <table cellborder="1" border-color="FFFFFF">
<tr><td> <b><a href={$JAMROOM_URL}/index.php?t=adClassified_display&ad_id={$AD_ID}>{$AD_ITEM}</a></b><br> </td> </tr> 
<tr> <td width="20%"> <b> Category:</b> </td> <td width="80%"> {$AD_CATEGORY} <br> </td> </tr>
<tr> <td width="20%"> <b> Description:</b> </td> <td width="80%">{$AD_DESCRIPT|jr_strip_html|truncate:1000}<br> </td> </tr>
<tr> <td width="20%"> <b> Price: </td> <td width="80%"> </b>{$AD_PRICE}<br></td> </tr>
<tr> <td width="20%"> <b> Category: </td> <td width="80%"></b>{$AD_CATEGORY}<br></td> </tr>
 <tr> <td width="20%"> <b> Phone:</td> <td width="80%"> </b>{$AD_PHONE} <font color ="red"><i>(If Available)</i></font><br></td> </tr>
<tr> <td width="20%"> <b> Ask For: </b> </td> <td width="80%"> {$AD_CONTACT_NAME}<br></td> </tr>
<tr> <td width="20%"> <b> Category:  </b> </td> <td width="80%">  </b>mailto:{$AD_CATEGORY}<br></td> </tr>
</table>

</div>
</div>

Thanks James

Jamroom Team

Posted: 11/25/09 14:32 
Yes - you are on the right track Wink

Hope this helps!

- Brian

jamesd116

Posted: 11/25/09 20:00 
Where did I go wrong with the above code this is what I am getting

Code
" row_template='adClassified_display.tpl'}

Is there a different way to call the band id since this is in module mode?
Thanks James

Posted: 11/25/09 20:05 
nm i removed the brackets so i fixed that and now it shows but i have another problem so i will check it out and hopefully i can figure it out without asking anyone

Posted: 11/25/09 20:31 
I changed the ranking code to this

Code
 {jr_ranking mode="adClassified" band_id="$BAND_ID" show="1" row_template='adClassified_display.tpl'} <br><br>

nothing i have tried helps me
The problem is that it is not displaaying the ad that should be displayed no matter what ad_id is palced ein the address bar it continously displays the same info (nothing) I even placed an id# in there that is no where close to anything i have made it up to yet...

Jamroom Team

Posted: 11/25/09 23:45 
how are you getting mode="adClassified" there is no mode adClassified in the standard http://www.jamroom.net/Jamroom4_Ranking_System

Could it be that however you have defined 'adClassified' to the ranking system is not being detected and a default value is coming out instead?

jamesd116

Posted: 11/26/09 20:10 
Yes i have a ranking script .... is this not what its for in the modules to create mode="module" I think i am not sure if I am wrong please tell me. I have the mode=adClassified working on the main page and this one actually workls some what also because when i have show=5 it shows different ads. Maybe I am using this for the wrong purpose.
On the main page I have 5 recent classifieds witht he subject being a link to the ad iteself

Initially I was trying to use the second code in the initial post then thought about it and decided to see if useing the ranking would allow the link to show the ad. Anyone with any ideas on what to do here thanks

Ultrabubble

Posted: 11/27/09 03:40 
Assuming that you have allowed for it in your ranking script you would need ad_id=$ad_id as a parameter in your jr_ranking call.

You would also need to write your link href properly with ""

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
jamesd116

Posted: 11/27/09 18:32 
Thanks Steve I was confused at first because i thought it was going to be more complicated than I thought but i just added it and it worked
Thank you

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Developers

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules