Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Developers:
how the dynamic files are created..
zee000

Posted: 07/19/10 11:11 
Hello guys,

i am new to jamroom i have seen some different functionality in jamroom which i am unable to understand that . what i need is when i am creating a song in my artist account i see that some files like (song_player_id.php) are generated dynamically . can anybody explain me that
where this functionality written exactly and how this goes on......

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 07/19/10 13:38 
All of the artist files are generated with the theme generator - make sure to check out the documentation:

http://www.jamroom.net/Documentation4

especially this page:

http://www.jamroom.net/Jamroom4_Theme_Designer_Guide

Kyle

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
zee000

Posted: 07/19/10 23:39 
Hello can u explain me exactly how the filelist.txt is created and how the content in the filelist.txt is gathered ...

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 07/20/10 19:09 
The filelist.txt file is just a list of all of the files being used in a directory.

Kyle

zee000

Posted: 07/20/10 23:17 
hi,

actually i am creating a module using vault functionality as a reference . in my costume module what i would like to do is upload and retrieve the zip or rar files with add to cart feature. up to till now what i have done is uploading the files but on the retrieving process my own tpl files like module_list_id.tpl are not getting compiled and i am unable to dynamically generate file like vault.php in the in the members/bandid/ folder .. how can i get this any suggestions ....

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 07/21/10 12:41 
Hmm...unfortunately it's difficult to figure out exactly what you're doing. I don't believe you need to worry about the filelist.txt file, however, as I believe that the list is generated using Jamroom's internal functions, i.e. not by media functions like vault, video, song, etc.

Kyle

zee000

Posted: 07/21/10 22:53 
okay fine !
can u explain how the vault.php is generated dynamically in members/bandid folder where the functionality lies to do that . so it may help full for me..

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 07/22/10 12:39 
All of the files in the members directories are generated with the theme generator. This page explains how theme subconfig files work, which is what the vault (and all media) is using:

http://www.jamroom.net/Jamroom4_Theme_Designer_Guide

Kyle

zee000

Posted: 07/23/10 12:30 
Hello kyle

I have gone through the above link given by u but its not much clear for me, can u make it little bit clear in these points present the above document.so they may be helpful to me.

1.If the template filename contains one of these keywords, Jamroom first checks to see if there is data for that type in its database - if so, it parses the template file and adds its output to the output file specified in the theme.cfg file.

2.All template files are parsed, and any Theme Variables encountered will be replaced with the actual data from the Jamroom database.

dose it mean it stores the theme data in the database. in which database dose it stores. i have searched the complete database tables of mine i haven't found that data

can u make it clear or can u suggest anything here ...

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 07/23/10 12:38 

zee000:
Hello kyle

I have gone through the above link given by u but its not much clear for me, can u make it little bit clear in these points present the above document.so they may be helpful to me.

1.If the template filename contains one of these keywords, Jamroom first checks to see if there is data for that type in its database - if so, it parses the template file and adds its output to the output file specified in the theme.cfg file.

This means (for example) if the profile has NO songs, then the "song sub config" file is not parsed.

Quote:

2.All template files are parsed, and any Theme Variables encountered will be replaced with the actual data from the Jamroom database.

dose it mean it stores the theme data in the database. in which database dose it stores. i have searched the complete database tables of mine i haven't found that data

It depends on what the data is - for example, all songs are stored in the "jamroom_song_info" table. The variable:

{$SONG_NAME}

in a song sub config file template would be replaced with the value in the "song_name" database column.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Developers

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons