Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization:
Remove Link from Control Panel
voxwerk

Posted: 02/25/11 13:01 
I'm using the Cobalt theme and I would like to remove the "Store" link from the right hand menu.

I can't find the place to remove this link.

Let me state this again.
In the User Control Panel.
There is a list of links on the right hand side.
One of these is for the Store.
I would like that link removed.

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 02/25/11 16:15 
It should be in the jr_overall_footer.tpl file.

Kyle

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
voxwerk

Posted: 02/25/11 21:14 
Kyle, I have looked in the jr_overall_footer.tpl file.
From what I can tell that file pertains to what is visible on the main page. It does not have anything to do with the CP menu. The CP menu looks like it loads a different set of links.

If the CP menu links are in the jr_overall_footer.tpl, I would love to know near what line of code it can be found.

I have also done a search for the string "store" in all files to no avail.

voxwerk

Posted: 02/25/11 22:22 
The word "Store" is in the language/english.lang.php

Code
$language['admin'][36] = 'Store';

Now to track down where this is referenced.

msultani

Posted: 02/26/11 01:14 
Do you want to remove a link totally from CP so noone can see it including admin or you don't want artists, and fans to see the link. There are more then 1 way depending on what you want.

voxwerk:
The word "Store" is in the language/english.lang.php

Code
$language['admin'][36] = 'Store';

Now to track down where this is referenced.

voxwerk

Posted: 02/26/11 01:52 

msultani:
Do you want to remove a link totally from CP so noone can see it including admin or you don't want artists, and fans to see the link. There are more then 1 way depending on what you want.

I would like it gone completely. If i as an admin see it then that would be okay as long as the talent and members dont see it.

Douglas
Jamroom Team

Posted: 02/26/11 05:05 
If you don't allow the store in you quotas, the link will not show for your members.

Hope this helps,
Douglas

voxwerk

Posted: 02/26/11 11:11 

SixString:
If you don't allow the store in you quotas, the link will not show for your members.

Hope this helps,
Douglas

Hey Douglas, Thanks for trying to help. The very first place I looked was in the quotas. There is no mention of stores in the quota pages at all. I only assume this is yet another part of a Pack that needs to be purchased in order to not use something that I didn't want to use anyway.

From what I can read, the Jamroom Payment Pack controls the stores and it would be only an assumption of mine that somehow the lack of that pack would prevent me from shutting off stores completely.

Please correct me if I am wrong. And kindly direct me to the correct location in the Quotas for me to disable the Store link.

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 02/26/11 13:55 
What version of Jamroom are you running? The store settings should be under the Payments tab, which should display whether you have the Payment Pack installed or not...

Kyle

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
voxwerk

Posted: 02/26/11 14:33 
Hi Kyle,

I have Jamroom version Core 4.2.3 and Bonus Pack 4.2.3
I am using the Cobalt3 Theme/Skin.

Code
Modify Quota Settings    
General    Media Access    Media Support    Site Features    Profile Themes    Extra Features

Those are the links in System Config -> Profile Quotas

Douglas
Jamroom Team

Posted: 02/26/11 14:38 
Do you not see any store settings under the Site Features tab for your artist quotas?

Thanks,
Douglas

voxwerk

Posted: 02/26/11 14:53 

SixString:
Do you not see any store settings under the Site Features tab for your artist quotas?

Thanks,
Douglas

The Only reference to the word "Store" in Site Features is "Allow Store Ratings"
To verify that mine matches your demo I went to see if it was in the demo admin section and it is not.
I even looked in every tab on the demo admin section to verify mine was the same.

There is no Store Settings in the admin area except for Allow Store Ratings and Require Store Approval.
At this point I think finding the location of it and removing it would be my best option.
Keep in mind that we are talking about in the User Control Panel, There is a link that I would like Gone because I will never be using the store functionality.

jamesd116

Posted: 02/26/11 16:58 

voxwerk:

SixString:

Thanks,
Douglas

The Only reference to the word "Store" in Site Features is "Allow Store Ratings"
To verify that mine matches your demo I went to see if it was in the demo admin section and it is not.
I even looked in every tab on the demo admin section to verify mine was the same.

There is no Store Settings in the admin area except for Allow Store Ratings and Require Store Approval.
At this point I think finding the location of it and removing it would be my best option.
Keep in mind that we are talking about in the User Control Panel, There is a link that I would like Gone because I will never be using the store functionality.

Did this not work for you uinder this post i tried it and it worked for me
http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=38231&highlight=[url][/url]

Posted: 02/26/11 17:07 

jamesd116:

Did this not work for you uinder this post i tried it and it worked for me
http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=38231&highlight=[url][/url]

Let us try to read the entire post before trying to render help. I appreciate your attempt however you fail to read above that the is NO option there. I DO NOT have the Payment Pack. I don't want the payment pack.

Quote:
admin menu/admin options/quota >>>each quota one by one you have to click on<<<</payments/ (scroll down to)merchandise sales/select no on Allow Store
you may have to seelct no on allow digital sales also

This was the premise for my irritation in the first place james. It is almost as if a person is "forced" to buy a Pack in order to remove functionality that wasn't needed in the first place.

voxwerk

Posted: 02/26/11 17:09 
I was doing more thinking on this and I would actually like to not only remove that link, but it would be nice if I could edit all if the links the same way I am able to edit the links on the main homepage of the site.

On my main homepage I added an icon in front of each link to graphically represent what the link is. That was very easy to do. All I had to do was edit the jr_overall_footer.tpl file in order to change the links on the homepage. The links in the CP do not appear to be in that same file.

If anyone knows the location of the CP links, please let me know. I mean the actual links. I don't mean the language file.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization

12Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules