Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
Different Battle Modules - Questions
gcuezy

Posted: 03/11/11 11:51 
I wasn't sure where to post this but I'm curious about the Jamroom-offered battle modules and the N8flash polls...

We are looking to start having battles on the site and don't want artists to be able to create their own battles but have a buy-in and then we would create the battle via the admin side and the winner would take half the pot. Is this possible with either/both modules?

gcuezy

Posted: 03/14/11 14:11 
Anyone have any experience with these modules? *bump*

gcuezy

Posted: 04/07/11 12:09 
Nobody? Neutral

bodawg

Posted: 04/16/11 10:49 
I have the Jamroom battle module, I've never really used the nateflash battle module even though it came with the mskin i think the Jamroom module is better integrated and more of a full fledged system, you can control more aspects of it BUT it's been on the back burner for a bit now and I believe is still considered a beta release. I don't think it works as well for any other skins then Nova at this point, the other integrated skins haven't even been released yet and I use cobalt3, I integrated it myself and it does work but it's buggy right now. Sixstring has created the other skins for the battle module but I guess they're still working on getting the timers right before releasing them.

I hope Brian can sort this out and go over with a fine tooth comb and officially release it (not as beta) because this module has history, has come way to far to not finish it up soon and in my personal opinion is the coolest module ever pumped out of Jamroom ever, ever, ever but that's just my opinion... got to get it ironed out first though.

-Rob

Posted: 04/16/11 10:54 
Thanks for the input... could you elaborate on what you mean when you say "buggy"? Is there anything that would impede my plans laid out in the first post. I'm actually using a modified version of Nova so that should be fine.

bodawg

Posted: 04/16/11 12:32 

Quote:
Is there anything that would impede my plans laid out in the first post

I think it should work fine, if I recall from a while ago I was having an issue with some images not diplaying properly and in my case the timers not displaying properly because I use Cobalt3 but i haven't used it in a while because I was waiting for a final release. I would spend some time on the demo site and run a couple battles myself if I were you and see if you notice issues, if all runs fine on the demo it should work perfect for you!

Your best bet would be to go to the Jamroom announcements and read through the posts on jamroom battle module releases http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=36741

So you know exactly what has been ironed out so far, it's pretty extesive, too much for me to list in this post but I think it really works pretty well right now with Nova and is due to be button'd up soon I would think as far as all skins and any bugs.

As far as what you need it for (from your first post) it does all of that and much more

You can- (This is kind of an overview of the battle module control panel)

Refresh/ view open battles/ create new battle

(veiw completed battles) which shows you Battle Status, Type, Round, Entries, Purse, Fee, Sponsor, Options to delete, view or clone an existing battle.

(create new battle)
Battle Name

Battle Description

Battle Type Profile Battle Song Battle Video Battle Photo Battle

Battle Activate Time

Battle Start Time

Battle End Time

Start Battle when Full? Yes No

Battle Slots

Battle Rounds 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Round Winner Method Total Votes in Battle or Total Votes in Round

Battle Genre/Category

Battle Entry Quotas all allowed quotas/ Artist Quota/ Member Quota

Require Login to Vote? Yes No

Votes per Round How many votes is each user allowed to cast per round?

Battle Vote Method Plays or Views + Votes Plays or Views Only or Votes Only

Battle Rules (display your rules here)

Battle Sponsor and Purse

Battle Total Purse

Battle Purse Split

Battle Entry Fee

Use Credits Yes No

New Sponsor Profile Name

New Sponsor Profile Quota Artist Quota/ Band Quota/ Admin Quota/ Sponsor Premium/ Sponsor Executive/ Sponsor Battle

New Battle Sponsor
Description

Existing Sponsor Profile (choose an existing sponsor profile)

This gives you a ton of control over how you would like to run a battle

and for $29.00 I think you'd pay a developer hundreds to come up with something from scratch that's even remotely close to this.

Go here to see an example http://demo.jamroom.net/lists/battles/active

Go here to login as admin and set up your own battle and test the module out yourself if you haven't already http://demo.jamroom.net/login.php user:admin pass:admin

-Rob

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules