User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization:
Custom player needed, willing to pay
skandal

Posted: 03/25/12 12:12 
Hello,

Id like this player for my jamroom:

http://www.schillmania.com/projects/soundmanager2/demo/page-player/basic.html

if someone can make this happen ill pay, please let me know how much.

Thanks

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 03/25/12 16:15 

skandal:
Hello,

Id like this player for my jamroom:

http://www.schillmania.com/projects/soundmanager2/demo/page-player/basic.html

if someone can make this happen ill pay, please let me know how much.

Thanks

Thats not a special player, thats a Soundmanager 2 Player and you can download it for Free (I think) in the Jamroom Marketplace. Then you can configure it and install it yourself. Its very flexable but can be a little difficult to install and get working properly.

http://www.jamroom.net/Marketplace_Modules

Hope this helps,
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
skandal

Posted: 03/26/12 03:22 
I have downloaded it and installed it but it doesnt do what id like, all it seems to do is replace the normal flash player with a small play button. I couldnt figure out how to achieve the results like in the demo i posted.

If you think you can do it id be happy to reimburse you for your time.

Regards,

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 03/26/12 08:32 

skandal:
I have downloaded it and installed it but it doesnt do what id like, all it seems to do is replace the normal flash player with a small play button. I couldnt figure out how to achieve the results like in the demo i posted.

If you think you can do it id be happy to reimburse you for your time.

Regards,

Yes the Soundmanager Module that you download from Jamroom was designed to help you install the special Button Players onto your Jamroom site. You will need to research the Soundmanager site and learn how to code the player on Jamroom to acheive the look your wanting. It is a very flexable player but a little trickey to get working properly from what I hear.

This should help get you started.........
http://www.schillmania.com/projects/soundmanager2/demo/page-player/

And I'm sorry but I don't really have time to mess with trying to learn and configure other players,
I create my own and can only do it part time......... Wink

Hope this makes sense........
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
skandal

Posted: 03/26/12 15:10 
It makes sense in theory but in practise i just cant get my head round it.

thanks for your help!

if anyone else can do this please let me know

skandal

Posted: 04/10/12 06:33 
Still stuck on this..

If anyone can do this and wants to earn some extra $$$ then get in touch, otherwise it'll go to freelancer

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 04/10/12 08:58 

skandal:
Still stuck on this..

If anyone can do this and wants to earn some extra $$$ then get in touch, otherwise it'll go to freelancer

I'm not sure anyone here will know how to setup the Soundmanager player the way you want it.
I can barely get the button players to work correctly.

You want the whole page to be just a list of songs??
What part are you stuck on???
Have you gotten any of it working or showing up on a page???

Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
skandal

Posted: 04/10/12 09:08 
Ive had zero luck implimenting even the soundmanager2 module to work properly.

basically I have a charts page, and instead of having a button by each chart entry and a master player on the page im trying to get it so when a user clicks on the chart title, it plays that song in the same way as the demo link.

Im assuming it needs to be a module as the demo documentation only shows it working with .mp3 - as jamroom seems to supply playlist files and there is a (working?) soundmanager2 module then i assume thats the road this needs to go down.

However I dont know enough about the inner working of JR to do this, i constantly feel im going round in circles and no one really seems to have the answer.

Im starting to get the feeling that perhaps what im trying to achieve isnt what JR was set out to do?

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 04/10/12 10:05 

skandal:

However I dont know enough about the inner working of JR to do this, i constantly feel im going round in circles and no one really seems to have the answer.

Im starting to get the feeling that perhaps what im trying to achieve isnt what JR was set out to do?

Please don't take this wrong............ Wink
Jamroom is just a Program created with HTML and PHP Code (Standard Website Coding)
The Soundmanager Player uses Java and Flash (Standard Player Coding)

But what your trying to do seems to be beyond "Your Abilities" and really has nothing to do with what Jamroom or Soundmanager "Can or Can't Do". They are both just Program Languages and only limited by your skill to customize them. Personally what your trying to do is even beyond my abilities and I know quite a bit about all of those coding languages but know nothing about how the Soundmanager Player is configured or installed on a webpage without lots of study and work.

Basically the Soundmanager Module you downloaded from Jamroom is only good for one thing, And that is to create a Button Version of the Player in your Jamroom that can be used in a list of songs and will play when pressed and then shut off when another button player on the same page is pressed. Which is what numerous site owners originally asked for..........

Unfortunately I haven't seen anyone else posting about doing what your wanting to do with the Soundmanager Player or I would point you to their posts. So I'm afraid this is one of those custom jobs that your just going to have to learn to do yourself or pay for someone to learn for you. You might be able to have a custom player created to do what you want, but I'm not sure thats even possible without more information.

But I don't think its fair to blame Jamroom or the lack of support.......... Wink

Just my 2 cents,
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
skandal

Posted: 04/10/12 10:52 

daddysylem:

Please don't take this wrong............ Wink
Jamroom is just a Program created with HTML and PHP Code (Standard Website Coding)
The Soundmanager Player uses Java and Flash (Standard Player Coding)

But what your trying to do seems to be beyond "Your Abilities" and really has nothing to do with what Jamroom or Soundmanager "Can or Can't Do". They are both just Program Languages and only limited by your skill to customize them. Personally what your trying to do is even beyond my abilities and I know quite a bit about all of those coding languages but know nothing about how the Soundmanager Player is configured or installed on a webpage without lots of study and work.

Yes i totally agree, it is way beyond my abilities - i have had a go at it but cannot understand it, thats why im happy to pay someone who either can do it or who can learn either platform to achieve what im after.

daddysylem:

Basically the Soundmanager Module you downloaded from Jamroom is only good for one thing, And that is to create a Button Version of the Player in your Jamroom that can be used in a list of songs and will play when pressed and then shut off when another button player on the same page is pressed. Which is what numerous site owners originally asked for..........

Thats pretty much what im after, except using a different 'skin' and instead of the player button it will be text links. Thats why initially i assumed a module was the way to go, but after dissecting the original module i still cant really make head nor tail of it.

daddysylem:

Unfortunately I haven't seen anyone else posting about doing what your wanting to do with the Soundmanager Player or I would point you to their posts. So I'm afraid this is one of those custom jobs that your just going to have to learn to do yourself or pay for someone to learn for you. You might be able to have a custom player created to do what you want, but I'm not sure thats even possible without more information.

But I don't think its fair to blame Jamroom or the lack of support.......... Wink

Im not blaming Jamroom nor the lack of support as the reason why I cannot create this player, my comment in another post is completely unrelated to this, based only on the number of threads i see either unanswered or where the original question still isnt resolved, which wouldnt have been like that a few years ago. I know this issue is because i dont know enough - however It seems the only person who would know the answer is the developer considering he created the original soundmanager2 module, he clearly has a head start on all of us - but still no word from him. It would only take a minute or so to respond with 'yes its possible but it must be a module' or 'look at this, use this, do it like such and such' or 'no it cant be done' for example. no one knows the system better then he does, so his input would be a huge step forward.

Im glad to hear that in your opinion anything is possible with JR, my original concern was i was wastingmy time trying to achieve something that just isnt possible. i.e if JR can only output playlists and the player im after can only use .mp3 - then its a complete miss match.

I guess the point being here that you clearly know what your doing when it comes to JR players, so if you are unsure how to do this it only leaves one person, who has yet to comment.

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 04/10/12 16:03 

skandal:

Im glad to hear that in your opinion anything is possible with JR, my original concern was i was wastingmy time trying to achieve something that just isnt possible. i.e if JR can only output playlists and the player im after can only use .mp3 - then its a complete miss match.

I guess the point being here that you clearly know what your doing when it comes to JR players, so if you are unsure how to do this it only leaves one person, who has yet to comment.

I need to clarify something.......... Wink
Jamroom is basically HTML and PHP coding, so yes anything that is possible with HTML and PHP can be done with Jamroom's code providing you know what your doing. But I never said that Flash Players could play anything other than MP3's.

All Flash Players can ONLY play MP3 Music Files and FLV Video Files.
This is a restriction of Flash itself and not any limitation of Jamroom.
Brian has helped site owners deal with different formats not being able to play back in the Flash Players by creating the "Cluster Converson Server" add-on for Jamroom that will take any song format being uploaded and convert it to MP3 for play back on the Jamroom Flash Players.

Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons