Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization:
Java/HTML5 Player instead of Flash?
jamtraxx01

Posted: 04/06/12 07:14 
Will JR (3rd party?) or does JR have this option?

skandal

Posted: 04/10/12 06:30 
Doubt it.

Once apon a time you would have received a lot of help from Jamroom forums to achieve what it is your trying to achieve. Unfortunatly they seem to have been hit by the greedy bug and wont do anything unless you're paying them for it now.

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 04/10/12 08:48 

skandal:
Doubt it.

Once apon a time you would have received a lot of help from Jamroom forums to achieve what it is your trying to achieve. Unfortunatly they seem to have been hit by the greedy bug and wont do anything unless you're paying them for it now.

I don't believe this is true......... Confused
Myself and Many other Members help people on the Board everyday and don't ask for anything.
But like yourself, we may not always have the answers to what your trying to do.

Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
skandal

Posted: 04/10/12 08:57 
I think there is a lot of truth in what I said. Im not trying to be nasty about it, im genuinly disappointed its turned that way.

A year or so ago it was pretty much guaranteed that the developer would have responded to every single post made in the forums, every day. Now it seems very rare that he gets involved, perhaps its coincidence but it seems to fall around the same time that 'paid' support was added.

Also with the addition of other sites being worked on by the developer not related to Jamroom, its seems/feels there may be a lack of interest here now.

I completely agree with you when you say yourself and others help out on the board for free, its you guys that seem to be carrying the ship now, but when you dont have the answers thats when you rely on the developer, who seems more and more distant lately.

Just my opinion.

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 04/10/12 09:26 

skandal:
I think there is a lot of truth in what I said. Im not trying to be nasty about it, im genuinly disappointed its turned that way.

A year or so ago it was pretty much guaranteed that the developer would have responded to every single post made in the forums, every day. Now it seems very rare that he gets involved, perhaps its coincidence but it seems to fall around the same time that 'paid' support was added.

Also with the addition of other sites being worked on by the developer not related to Jamroom, its seems/feels there may be a lack of interest here now.

I completely agree with you when you say yourself and others help out on the board for free, its you guys that seem to be carrying the ship now, but when you dont have the answers thats when you rely on the developer, who seems more and more distant lately.

Just my opinion.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion.......... Wink
But Priority Support was created for people that need fast help with their Jamroom and don't want to wait for answers to their questions when posted in the Forums or want someone to actually go into their Jamroom site and Hands-On fix things. Priority Support will NOT customize your Site nor will they fix the issues your having customizing the Soundmanager Player to do something that isn't already supported in Jamroom. So I don't advise you to sign up for Priority Support for your issues.

Currently there are no HTML5 Players offered in Jamroom.
And I don't know any 3rd Party offering an HTML5 Player at this time............

Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
jamtraxx01

Posted: 04/19/12 13:37 
If there is no current player supported and no 3rd party HTML5 or java player, can a player be made to work with the JR core? or does the player not effect any of the template coding of JR? meaning can a developer create say a java player that will work with jamroom shell- is it fexible?

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 04/19/12 14:34 

jamtraxx01:
If there is no current player supported and no 3rd party HTML5 or java player, can a player be made to work with the JR core? or does the player not effect any of the template coding of JR? meaning can a developer create say a java player that will work with jamroom shell- is it fexible?

Brian is the expert on what Jamroom can do......... Wink
But Jamroom should be able to handle any media player that can support XSPF Playlists.
It may require some custom playlist coding and maybe even custom template editing.
But Jamroom is coded to build standard XSPF Playlists for use with the Players on the site.

Although you should keep in mind that Jamroom doesn't link to the actual song file directly.
It links to the song via Jamroom's stream.php script used in the XSPF Playlist instead of linking directly to the song file. I believe it does this for song security purposes. And in some players not linking to the song directly makes a big difference.......

Hope this helps........
Greg -

GCFireSprinkler.com
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core