is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Sites and Promotion:
Is anyone making money?
Michael
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/11/11 03:23 

iLoveHouseMusic:
... I'm hoping Earner.net changes that....I'm on board with the path that's going down!

Smile Thanks for using it ILoveHouseMusic, If you've got any suggestions (or complaints, but i prefer suggestions Smile ) about how it should work, ill try to get it working that way. Real cool to see JR projects poping up.

And agreed, you do see things when your using a system for real in a different light than when your thinking about how they should work while developing them.

iLoveHouseMusic

Posted: 08/11/11 10:36 

ussher:

iLoveHouseMusic:
... I'm hoping Earner.net changes that....I'm on board with the path that's going down!

Smile Thanks for using it ILoveHouseMusic, If you've got any suggestions (or complaints, but i prefer suggestions Smile ) about how it should work, ill try to get it working that way. Real cool to see JR projects poping up.

And agreed, you do see things when your using a system for real in a different light than when your thinking about how they should work while developing them.

I'm a network engineer so even though web technologies are "different" we use the same type of principals when finding a solution to a problem, implementing it, and putting it into production. What I have always loved about web development is the added layer of "creativity" you can bring to the User Interface...

What's difficult - IMO - is that most JR users (including myself) dont have a full team. It's EXTREMELY difficult to stay on top of all the components to running your business - the hosting, the database, the CMS, the front end, the social networking, the newsletters, the promotions, the support....

Earner.net is that addition we've needed. A place to offload the custom design requests.

I get it. I support it!

Prawn

Posted: 08/12/11 09:51 
Earner.net

just because it seems to be what we promoting now

Michael
Jamroom Team

Posted: 08/12/11 19:28 

Prawn:
just because it seems to be what we promoting now

Smile sorry, didnt mean to hijack the thread. Just see somehting i've woked on get mentioned and get excited.

Intalik

Posted: 12/18/11 09:05 
I am so looking forward to simplification and the next updates from the Jamroom dudes!

I really like the idea of cutting Jamroom into modules.

Most of my customizing time with jam room has been spent removing features. And trying to make the user experience as simple and as '1-click' as possible.

+1 on everything Prawn has said so far.

• blogs
• events (updates via mobile)
• forums
• guestbook
• radio stations

All those can go into modules in my eyes. i am sure there are other, just can think of them now.

the vault
My site sells a few songs now and then though. But the process of uploading and naming and rearranging and working with lo-fi and hi-fi, and zipped files (albums) etc. etc. is enough to scare even me away. I understand it but it is too cumbersome to get set up for the artists.

This is one of the most vital parts of jamroom for me and it is too complicated.

It'd be great to have an extremely simple 'add your music' page where you upload your songs in high quality format. Everytime you upload a song a few 'song info' textfields appear beneath the song file path. Then at the top you have a checkbox that says "these songs make up an album", and that groups all the uploaded songs as an album and makes it available for sale (if enabled by the admin) both as a "buy album" on the artist profile but also as individual songs for sale.

I'd also like to see direct VISA and Mastercard payments. But that might be linked to a specific bank and therefore not possible unless i have a programmer code it for me specifically.

mayamatics

Posted: 03/21/12 19:11 

pitrager:
I rented a Ning.com site for a while. Running this site gave me a real perspective on users habits on a social type site. Ning has links that appear in each section from posting pictures to making a fast blog. People used them a lot. Since switching to Jamroom we have never experienced user activity like that since.

My members also tend to be intimidated by having to learn yet "another" control panel. Jamroom is easy but still it's a fact that it's differently laid out from any other type of site or cms I've used or seen. That ranges from phpFox to Dolphin and a few other no name experimental scripts.

I'm pretty sure that if control panel links were inserted through out the front of the site, user friendly traffic would increase a great deal. I've done some experiments in the past with having a direct link to message mail seen everywhere you surfed the site. People appreciated it, because they didn't have to go back and check the control panel all the time for replies.

I plan to continue that with the new theme I'm working on and placing those type links and mimic Ning. Post a picture now, post a blog now, create an event etc.

I'll let you know how my users respond after...

I agree like a user/artist static menu module, less steps to get things done is ideal.

Acidphantom

Posted: 04/01/12 11:53 
I dont use this software to make money I Just create with my mate a free service... in the psytrance world. That make us feel happy. Mr. Green

beatslab

Posted: 09/17/12 21:19 
I am not just saying that because I own the site, and I am by no means rich off of it, but I do see $ in my paypal on daily basis. (subscriptions and beat sales)

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Sites and Promotion

< Previous123456

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules