Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
Facebook App question
iLoveHouseMusic

Posted: 11/10/11 08:59 
I've decided that for greater exposure, I'm going to integrate Facebook Comments on my content pages... and then use the in-house Jamroom comments for more of a "Reviews" purpose. Prolly just use PaComment.

Anyways, When I was looking at the facebook developers section it seems to "know" that I already have my own facebook app tied to my jamroom site (through the purchased Facebook App Module).
When I go to the dev page > Social Plugins > Comments, GET CODE. The message says

"This script uses the app ID of your app:
House Music Social Network"

So if I have this module enabled on my Jamroom site, should I be able to post the comment box code:

Code
<div class="fb-comments" data-href="example.com" data-num-posts="2" data-width="500"></div>

Or is there some other integration that needs to take place?
Hope that questions makes sense. Essentially I'm wondering if the facebook app module is completely separate from the other developer stuff on FB, or if that opens the door for the other integration components like the integrated FB Comments box.
Thanks!

elixir

Posted: 11/10/11 21:57 
Yes, we made facebook App completely independent of other jamroom modules.

For integration of facebook comments, you should be able to use the app id you created for the main app. In that way you are not creating multiple facebook app id for the same domain

{facebookApp_api_id} is defined once the module is enabled.

Code
<script>
var facebookApp_api_id = {facebookApp_api_id};
</script>
{literal}
<div id="fb-root"></div>
<script>(function(d, s, id) {
  var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
  if (d.getElementById(id)) {return;}
  js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
  js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1&appId="+facebookApp_api_id;
  fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
{/literal}

Try adding this script in your header file. Then you should be able to add all social plugins. You would need the script only ones as the page load and add as many facebook social plugins as you want.

RhinoSilver

Posted: 09/21/12 21:06 
Hi,

I purchased the Facebook App from Prayas Digital and I'm trying to get in contact with "elixir" to have my installation completed; can you please contact me so I can have the installation completed... Thanks in advance...

James

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules