Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization:
JR Battle Modifications
thegreatunkown

Posted: 08/21/12 13:53 

Ambassador:
thegreatunkown, I assume you deleted the demo1 user by now? I'm Interested. Can it be easily integrated with Jamroom?

Thanks Brian, the current jr_Battle module is really nice! I was looking through the code to see how difficult it would be to integrate the Youtube module and avoid video hosting. It looks like I would have to append a few lines in quite a few places to add this as well as the Ustream strings to more easily bring live battling to the site.

I'm thinking it can't be TOO hard to integrate these since it is really just adding another battle type. My primary approach is to search through for the word "video" and append the new code after finding the video battle type. But I'm not sure where this overlaps with the built in video feature. Can you help shed enough light to get me started in the right direction?

This search got me thinking and made me wonder how difficult it would be to code it to accommodate Battle plugins. If we set up a plugin builder in the admin panel, it could be much more easily expanded using the most popular requests. Of course, this would take time Rolling Eyes Mr. Green

You can check it out with username one password one at this point something around 60 hours developing it and i'm no longer open to selling unless it was an offer I couldn't refuse "over a thousand" here's what my module has now

User created battles
credit system (one credit spent in battle entry or creation and one credit gained by voting on a battle)
48 hour automatic timed battles
battle extension for tied battles or battles with no votes
A custom battle layout
A custom beats page creating a separate link for each battle song
A battle points champion page
A battle points ranking system which is automatically linked to the front page
credit adjustment through admin control panel
battle deletion control
Ability to and comments to battles which are hidden until user has voted
A timer displaying active battles time remaining
battle creation by genre only
User is not allowed to vote unless he listens to 60 seconds of each battle
60 second timer on battle song player

And I am going to work on even further modifications in version 2 in a few months

Posted: 10/06/12 04:15 

thegreatunkown:

Ambassador:
thegreatunkown, I assume you deleted the demo1 user by now? I'm Interested. Can it be easily integrated with Jamroom?

Thanks Brian, the current jr_Battle module is really nice! I was looking through the code to see how difficult it would be to integrate the Youtube module and avoid video hosting. It looks like I would have to append a few lines in quite a few places to add this as well as the Ustream strings to more easily bring live battling to the site.

I'm thinking it can't be TOO hard to integrate these since it is really just adding another battle type. My primary approach is to search through for the word "video" and append the new code after finding the video battle type. But I'm not sure where this overlaps with the built in video feature. Can you help shed enough light to get me started in the right direction?

This search got me thinking and made me wonder how difficult it would be to code it to accommodate Battle plugins. If we set up a plugin builder in the admin panel, it could be much more easily expanded using the most popular requests. Of course, this would take time Rolling Eyes Mr. Green

You can check it out with username one password one at this point something around 60 hours developing it and i'm no longer open to selling unless it was an offer I couldn't refuse "over a thousand" here's what my module has now

User created battles
credit system (one credit spent in battle entry or creation and one credit gained by voting on a battle)
48 hour automatic timed battles
battle extension for tied battles or battles with no votes
A custom battle layout
A custom beats page creating a separate link for each battle song
A battle points champion page
A battle points ranking system which is automatically linked to the front page
credit adjustment through admin control panel
battle deletion control
Ability to and comments to battles which are hidden until user has voted
A timer displaying active battles time remaining
battle creation by genre only
User is not allowed to vote unless he listens to 60 seconds of each battle
60 second timer on battle song player

And I am going to work on even further modifications in version 2 in a few months

Just finished version 1.0 of my battle module here's what we added

Brand new design layout

Front page - Battle genre champions - (displays the producer with the most wins in each genre)

Battle awards - Awards added to the producers profile after earning a certain amount of battle points

here's one example of gold status http://www.beatmarketworldwide.com/Siege_the_beat_bully/

Battle notifications - If a producer votes, comments, wins, or losses in a battle they are emailed and notified

this concludes version 1 but I will be added some very unique features in version 2

Thanks again to Michael if you are lucky enough to be able to work with him do so. He is the best !!!

Posted: 10/06/12 04:17 
Oh forgot battle spotlight - A small version of the first active battle created on the front page

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization

< Previous1234

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules