Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization:
Custom CP Menu
SoundCafe

Posted: 11/16/12 09:09 
I am trying to create a widget in the cp that will have shortcuts to common tasks such as create song, add blog entry etc, but i want different menu's to appear to different quotas. There will be a menu for free artist accounts and paid accounts,a s well as member accounts. I tried using $quota_id's for artists, doesn't work. I have this so far but its not working, wonder whats wrong with the code.

<!--Paid Artists && Admin Menu-->
{if $BAND_QUOTA > 1}
{if $QUOTA_ID == 0}
code here
{/if}
{/if}

<!--All Artists && Admin Menu-->
{if $BAND_QUOTA > 0}
{if $QUOTA_ID == 0}
code here
{/if}
{/if}

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 11/16/12 09:20 
If you put {debug output="html"} into your template and refresh the page you will see a popup window which will tell you all of the variables that are available in the template, and their values.

That should give you the information that you need to get your logic to work how you want it to.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
SoundCafe

Posted: 11/16/12 09:31 
already tried that, and the variables i am trying to use are available,unless if i have to change it to something like $USER.quota_id. its not really separating the menu like i want. it either shows all, or nothing when i tinker around with it.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 11/16/12 09:59 
Everything that is available in whichever template you have debug in will be listed in the popup along with its value.

If the value you are trying to get is listed as part of an array, then you would need to use $array_name.variable_name (the array name will be on the left of the popup, the variable name on the right just before the value.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

SoundCafe

Posted: 11/16/12 14:02 
can't get it to work, why don't you spoon feed me this time, how would you implement what i am aiming for?

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 11/16/12 14:34 
How would I do it? I would do as I am suggesting.

It's not something I can spoon feed you. You need to be able to see the output of a debug to see what variablesw are in the template that you are editing, and what their values are. Its different in each template.

The debug window writes all the information down for you. Its where I would get the info from.

SoundCafe

Posted: 11/16/12 15:46 
thanks all the same, maybe its because i haven't set up the server properly, coz i am doing this on a vm server. i will try it later on my sandbox account.

Michael
Jamroom Team

Posted: 11/16/12 21:18 
there is no $USER.quota_id

there is a $_USER.quota_id

Check for typos perhaps.

SoundCafe

Posted: 11/17/12 11:03 
Is there a way to have each menu function open in a new frame, sort of like the way the integrity check does. for example when you click create song, the fields for adding the song will appear in a new frame, not the main control panel menu. I really need this functionality, otherwise my control panel will be really long.

Michael
Jamroom Team

Posted: 11/18/12 19:30 
You could use something like fancybox for jquery:
http://www.fancybox.net/

I think that supports html in pop-overs.

The one that jamroom uses for the integrity check is called 'simple modal' or something like that. need to check the source code to be sure.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules
• Jamroom Marketplace