Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Developers:
how do I add jQuery fucntion in module
MONEE

Posted: 06/23/13 08:23 
how can I include this function into my module? It works if I add to meta.tpl but I want to call it from module

<script>
(function($){
$(document).ready( function() {
/*
$(".test_module_wrapper").test();
or
*/
$(".test_module_wrapper").test({
opening_speed: 300,
closing_speed: 500,
easing: 'swing'
});

$('.new-skin-tango').new();

});
})(jQuery);
</script>

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/23/13 08:44 
In JR5 all JS, CSS, etc. that needs to be included from a module goes through the "jrCore_create_page_element()" function. So in this case it would be:

Code

$_js = array("$(".test_module_wrapper").test({ opening_speed: 300, closing_speed: 500, easing: 'swing' }); $('.new-skin-tango').new();");
jrCore_create_page_element('javascript_ready_function',$_js);

So basically we:
- create a new single element array that contains the Javascript you want to execute in the page ready function
- add that Javascript to the page using the "jrCore_create_page_element()" function. This function adds items such as CSS, Javascript, etc. to a page that is going to be rendered. Here we tell it we want to add it to the "javascript_ready_function".

Note that in your JS you do not include "$(document).ready( function() {" (or the closing brace) as that is handled by the core. You just add your setup and function call.

Let me know if that helps.

- Brian

MONEE

Posted: 06/23/13 09:11 

Brian:

Code

$_js = array("$(".test_module_wrapper").test({ opening_speed: 300, closing_speed: 500, easing: 'swing' }); $('.new-skin-tango').new();");

- Brian

Where do I add this?

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/23/13 09:13 
In your module view function.

- Brian

MONEE

Posted: 06/23/13 09:52 

Brian:
In your module view function.

- Brian

This is my first module and I'm not sure what you mean. Is this correct and what file do I include in? right now I'm in include.php

function test_view()
{

}

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 06/23/13 10:00 
All view functions go inside your index.php file. You would name it like:

view_exModule_test

Where "exModule" is your module directory name. I would highly recommend looking at an existing module (say jrBlog) to get an idea of what you need to setup.

- Brian

MONEE

Posted: 06/23/13 11:13 

Brian:
All view functions go inside your index.php file. You would name it like:

view_exModule_test

Where "exModule" is your module directory name. I would highly recommend looking at an existing module (say jrBlog) to get an idea of what you need to setup.

- Brian

This is what I got in index.php. still doesn't work. what am I doing wrong?

function view_myModule_test{

}

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 06/23/13 13:00 
Take a look at jrBlog, it's a really good example of the things that you need to do to make a module. Understanding how a module like jrBlog works will still be the first step once this stuff is documented.

Are you sure that you want this in a module? Would it also work if you just added it to the skin meta (with some smarty logic to check which page you are on)? Or just as a script link in the specific template you are working in?

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
MONEE

Posted: 06/23/13 14:11 

SteveX:
Take a look at jrBlog, it's a really good example of the things that you need to do to make a module. Understanding how a module like jrBlog works will still be the first step once this stuff is documented.

Are you sure that you want this in a module? Would it also work if you just added it to the skin meta (with some smarty logic to check which page you are on)? Or just as a script link in the specific template you are working in?

yes it works fine if I put in meta.tpl. What I'm tring to do is keep all the resources in module and not have to add anything to the meta.tpl if possible

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 06/24/13 00:31 
Ok, so you have a module.

If you need the js to be available everywhere put it into the module js directory and register it like this:

Code
    jrCore_register_module_feature('jrCore','javascript','xxModule','xxModule.js');

Take a look at jrAudio for an example of this - it adds a jquery plugin which is available everywhere.

If you need it to be available in your module forms and views use jrCore_create_page_element like Brian showed above. You can see this in action in jrOneAll index.php at around line 255.

You can also make the script links into a smarty function if you need that js to be in other forms and views, but you'd still need to add the smarty call to your skin or module templates, depending on where you need it.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
MONEE

Posted: 06/24/13 09:50 
I got it worked out
thanks Cool

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Developers

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder