is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements:
Jamroom 5 RC1 has been released!
RickStaRr

Posted: 07/19/13 16:22 

Michael:

RickStaRr:
...are there any plans on releasing a PayPal based shopping cart & subscription module for membership & media? I don't have enough documentation nor freetime to develop (such) a dedicated module myself & I personally prefer PayPal only over a paid subscription to process payments on my website....

The answer is no.

If there is demand, a 3rd party developer will need to build it.

You might like to comment on SteveX's thread here:
http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=42464

smh.

As a first time JR buyer, I was completely caught off guard on this purchase (guys).

*disclaimer: a possibility is something that could happen vs. something thats destined to happen.
SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 07/19/13 16:41 
I'd welcome your input RickStarr, not many people interested right now so I'd really like to hear what you think.

http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=42464

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
jcable

Posted: 07/21/13 14:36 

Paul:
The jrImport module will be available when JR5 is fully released.
Here is its current documentation so that you can get an idea of what its all about -

Thanks for the info ... just purchased the Superpack today, looking fwd to getting my hands on it!!

We have been playing with the beta releases along the way to see whats in store for us but ultimately been waiting to get a release candidate and more interestingly a migration procedure. Thanks for the hard work on this, the instruction seem doable based what i see. We have a lot of data, stats built up over years (JR2) and 80GB of music we want to move... if we need x2.5 space like you say we will to stage on another box, guess that is on our agenda now. sigh, of well Neutral

questions.
- based upon your estimates 1hr/10GB its going to take 160GB and 8hrs for us to complete, yikes.... is it possible to background this process from a cmd line (avoid browser timeout), likely no, worth asking...

- a lot of our files are mixes/mp3s (we force mp3) some 320, almost no video.. is it going to try and reconvert these or just cp them if they already look ok from the meta data?

- we are going to stage an env (on a new box) this week and get our designer on throwing up a semi-custom theme. at what point will the import procedure be out? not trying to hold onto two dedicated box for two long Wink matter fact i bet I can get 2 weeks free to migrate but still want to plan, where possible.

Thanks for everything guys, coming from a JRv2 customer you guys rock, consistently! I work with a lot of open source application developers and Brian and JR Staff over the years are responsive, documentation is complete and the source is always clean/documented, cant ask for more then that! Our project is a free (for the love of music project) and our developers (myself included) are all busy 50-60hr.. so its nice when installed, secured and fine tuned JR just plain works Exclamation and with light maintenance can run long for periods on its own. WIN

Thanks guys, cheers to moving FWD!
Mr. Green

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Announcements

< Previous12

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core