Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
Top songs and latest article section not working
slimtugo

Posted: 10/01/13 01:50 
I made some modifications to jr5 nova skin and now, the latest article section and top songs is not working.

For the top songs, No matter how many times i play other audio file, they don't appear as top. I also incremented the "audio_file_stream_count" manually from the data store and they still don't appear. I cleared all caches and still the same.

For the latest article pane, I get this error anytime i click the form designer "The following designer forms have not been setup yet for this module: page/update". I went ahead and added a form and when i create an item, It does not appear in the list.

Please help.
Thanks

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/01/13 06:05 
Impossible to tell which of your modifications has broken things, it could also be that you have changed something in the datastore which breaks things - best not to do that unless you know what you are changing.

It would probably be easiest to restore both database and changed files to your last known working backup and then put the changes to your skin back in one by one until you find which ones break things.

If that's not possible, for the skin, compare your broken files against your last unbroken version using a text editor which will compare files). Then go through the differences until you find the one (or ones) which break things. Most likely it will be the list functions or smarty or templates you have added in.

For the database, if you change it back to how it was that would probably be the best thing to do. But of course that probably won't work if you have uploaded/played other files since you manually changed the database.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
slimtugo

Posted: 10/01/13 14:09 
Thanks for your reply. I notice that the top song section is ordered exactly the way it was uploaded. Is there a way i can make a song rank higher?

This issue also affects the chart.

I had to change back to the original nova skin which still has this issue. Is this an issue or is it how the charting works?

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules
• Jamroom Marketplace