Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
N8Flex:
U-stream on Wall
yubeestar

Posted: 09/30/13 15:15 
Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to embed the U-Stream player on the side of the CP wall. Can you tell me what template is used here? There is a lot of space to the right and we'd like to try to put stuff there.

Thanks!

Natedogg265
N8Flash Designs

Posted: 10/02/13 10:23 
I assume you're talking about a skin. Which skin are you referring to?

Dazed

Posted: 10/02/13 11:18 
to chime in on this, I did this in JR4 on another skin. What I did was create a new category for a blog and then did a custom blog form so that no comments were allowed and only the video was displayed. I then needed to modify the allowed html tags to make sure everything in the embed code was listed.

yubeestar

Posted: 10/03/13 07:58 
N8Flex, we are using the Nova skin. We want to embed a UStream player on the right side of the wall, and have all the N8FlexActions and wall posts scroll on the left.

yubeestar

Posted: 10/04/13 06:56 

Dazed:
to chime in on this, I did this in JR4 on another skin. What I did was create a new category for a blog and then did a custom blog form so that no comments were allowed and only the video was displayed. I then needed to modify the allowed html tags to make sure everything in the embed code was listed.

Thanks Dazed. Are you talking about on Nate's CP actions wall? What file do we edit? We want to have all of the users comments and status updates to the left, and have a column to the right where we can put stuff (including an embedded Ustream player).

Any help is very much appreciated!

Dazed

Posted: 10/05/13 19:14 
I was not using a Nate skin. What I was saying is you can put this in any skin via a blog message. It was easier to do a blog because the ustream code changes with each new stream I believe.

The below is what I used in JR4. I used an array so only certain users could post a video. Good luck!

Code
<!-- Site News -->
<div class="content">
<div class="head-180">Chat Video</div>
{jr_array name="band_id" key="0" value="1466"}
{jr_array name="band_id" key="1" value="0"}
{jr_ranking mode="blog" band_id=$band_id  show="1" category="Video" row_template="chat_video_blog.tpl"}
</div>
</td>

chat_video_blog.tpl

Code
{$MESSAGE_TEXT|nl2br|jr_bbdecode}

yubeestar

Posted: 10/10/13 05:53 
Thanks for that info Dazed!

Yea I just need Nate to respond and tell me which skin file I need to edit in order to modify the N8flex Wall page that shows when a user logs in.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
N8Flex

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules
• Jamroom Marketplace