Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Suggestions:
Contact option on Profiles
ouviste

Posted: 10/13/13 13:43 
Would it be to late to add the contact option to the profile menu? I have had a lot of users complain that they can't contact artists or don't know how, this is really disappointing, because unless artists post an email address on their bio, most people don't know how to contact them, this feature should be available and it should be up to the webmaster/owner of the site whether he wants to use it or not and risk users getting spammed.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Dazed

Posted: 10/13/13 14:23 
I have kind of been through this on my site. JR5 followed the twitter flow so members must be following each other to contact them. If only one is following, no contact for either. I have told my members to use the guestbook.

On JR4 there were a lot of signups where users would just spam everyone so I kind of like the new flow. This also eliminates members harassing other members. On the other hand, the communication flowed a lot better before. Truthfully I am kind of torn as to which way I like better.

ouviste

Posted: 10/13/13 14:56 
I definitively liked it better the old way, maybe because I never had a major problem with spam.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
ouviste

Posted: 10/15/13 01:48 
In most cases, artists don't follow fans, fans follow artists, so even if a fan is following an artist, they still can't send the artist a "private note".

There are measures Jamroom can take into consideration to prevent spam and add some sort of way for fans to contact artists and vise versa, one is when a fan/artist clicks on lets say "Contact", they either have to follow the person/band in question or have to enter a captcha, but not having any easy form of contact really hurts my site, as many promoters come looking for artists/bands in my site for shows and they can't reach them, unless they follow another link (if one is posted) and have to leave my site in order to contact them Razz.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Suggestions

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules
• Jamroom Marketplace