Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
Video Conversion Fails
Ken Rich

Posted: 10/10/13 17:36 
It doesn't seem to matter what size or format the video file is, it seems to upload and then generates this error on failed conversion. Any ideas?

getMediaFile() Converter Error: ERROR: (jr_media_conversion) an error was encountered converting the media file Crying or Very sad

CodeSmith

Posted: 10/10/13 18:51 
Any errors in the error log or conversion error log?

Kyle

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
Ken Rich

Posted: 10/10/13 19:45 

smith.kyle:
Any errors in the error log or conversion error log?

Kyle

Activity Log:

40600 10/10/13 21:53:18 MAJ Ken Rich xxxxxxxxxxxxx [video.php] jrMediaFilterConvertFile() ERROR: (jr_media_conversion) an error was encountered converting the media file
40599 10/10/13 21:53:18 CRI visitor xxxxxxxxxxxxx [cluster.php] [C] jrRunMediaFilter() converter error encountered - check jr_converter_error_log

PHP Error Log:

No Errors

I don't know where to find jr_converter_error_log but it says to check it.

Jamroom Team

Posted: 10/11/13 10:38 

Ken Rich:

I don't know where to find jr_converter_error_log but it says to check it.

If you have any converter errors, they should be in your cluster servers log folder.

Hope this helps,
Douglas

Ken Rich

Posted: 10/11/13 14:01 

Douglas:
If you have any converter errors, they should be in your cluster servers log folder.

I don't have an actual cluster server, but I have the software for one so I guess it's emulated??? I went to the one and only server the Jamroom is installed on and did a search through the logs. This was in the main log:

/bin/mv: cannot stat `/home/gospelju/public_html/cluster/compile/0617d57cd99dcead09e425938af27158.mp4.flv.tmp.flv': No such file or directory

I also found the cluster folder in the main html and it had a folder with the jr_converter_error_log. I attached it to the following link and it opens in Wordpad.

http://api.ning.com/files/WltTFfACAjfDxAECvZf9rnYstccMnAsmwWhDt9-YqyvIMrzdPkQKnc02R1UGdJd5vQ14yZZ2FM-FvtjyLENwt3QlEi6M00AS/jr_converter_error_log

Does that help you with the diagnosis?

Posted: 10/15/13 05:02 
Hi Guys,

Just wondering now that the long week-end is over. Does the log file help, is there a solution to this problem.

Perhaps reinstalling some core files or something along those lines?

CodeSmith

Posted: 10/15/13 10:50 
Is your cluster server setup properly? Even if it's in a subdirectory, have you configured everything correctly?

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
Ken Rich

Posted: 10/15/13 12:08 

smith.kyle:
Is your cluster server setup properly? Even if it's in a subdirectory, have you configured everything correctly?

Hi Kyle,

My server check is showing all green, including a green check mark on Cluster Server 4.3.1

In the Admin Control Panel under "Cluster Server Settings" the correct e-mail and license are entered.

In the Quota settings « Video Conversion Options » Allow Videos is on and the conversion settings are:

Video Resolution: Same as Original (recommended)
Video Bitrate: Same as Original (recommended)
Decode Options -
Encode Options -sameq

Other than that, I don't know anything else about settings which might be related to this issue. The installation was done by Jamroom, and the configuration worked before, so I would assume it should still be working. An integrity check doesn't reveal anything odd to me, and that's about the limit of my knowledge - I have no programming skills.

When you said check the settings, is that what you were referring to?

Posted: 10/15/13 12:23 
Come to think of it, I had Nate install some programs some time ago and YT Seamless was one I believe.

Converted and YT embedded videos all began showing on a new page with the combined player, but the old (blank) video page was still showing also.

The solution involved deleting some files or folders to remove the old (blank) video pages from members profiles, perhaps that was the catalyst of the problem I now see?

Is there a way to inventory what files and folders relating to video I have, and compare to what I should have, perhaps something vital is simply missing???

Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 10/16/13 08:20 
This;

/bin/mv: cannot stat `/home/gospelju/public_html/cluster/compile/0617d57cd99dcead09e425938af27158.mp4.flv.tmp.flv': No such file or directory

Indicates that the file never got to the cluster to fail there.

"more server and network power than any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
Ken Rich

Posted: 10/16/13 14:05 

djmerlyn:
This;

Indicates that the file never got to the cluster to fail there.

Thank-you for that insight. I have a working theory now, can you confirm?

If jryoutube and it's corresponding module were deleted, could this cause uploaded videos not to convert?

Posted: 10/18/13 01:04 
that would not cause it but I would edit your cluster server and make sure everything is correct like domain for it , ftp info etc as well as permissions on the cluster even if you are just using the cluster as conversion server

Stephen

Ken Rich

Posted: 10/18/13 04:20 

perfectgamestudios:
that would not cause it but I would edit your cluster server and make sure everything is correct like domain for it , ftp info etc as well as permissions on the cluster even if you are just using the cluster as conversion server

Stephen

Thanks - I will look into that.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons