Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
BUG: Disappearing Profile
blindmime

Posted: 10/23/13 10:57 
I have a profile that disappears on the home page when I'm not logged (either as admin or as the user). It just started doing it and I'm not sure why. All its youtubes, audio, events, etc., don't show.

It's got the same quota as the admin (the default quota renamed to artist). The admin's youtubes show up OK.

Right now I just have the two profiles/accounts.

Last edited by blindmime on 10/23/13 21:52; edited 1 time in total
blindmime

Posted: 10/23/13 15:54 
Now I have no media showing from either profile.

Is there a setting for media viewing as a visitor?

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/23/13 16:57 
Is that for jr4 or 5? Customised at all?

For jr5 it could be pending (if you have that set), or a private profile setting (if you have set that), or images are required? There are probably other possiblities as well, but those are the first I thought of.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
blindmime

Posted: 10/23/13 21:51 
I found the issue. There's a bug which I was able to repeat on a couple different sites.

In the form designer, user profile, if you click to modify profile privacy the value for Options becomes:

"["Private - only you can see your profile","Global - anyone can view your profile","Shared - only you and your followers can see your profile"]|["Private - only you can see your profile","Global - anyone can view your profile","Shared - only you and your followers can see your profile"]"

So if you then, say, make profile privacy non-active and Save Changes (or do anything or nothing and save changes), it sets profiles to private as the only dropdown option so if any changes are made to a profile, they become private.

And then I can't seem to get it to accept Global as an option. What values should be in field's form design options?

blindmime

Posted: 10/24/13 05:05 
I'm sure The Team knows, but for anyone else, I figured out the right values for Options:

Code

0|Private - only you can see your profile
1|Global - anyone can view your profile
2|Shared - only you and your followers can see your profile

I entered that and was able to reset the profiles to Global, but if you go into Form Designer it still puts the bad value into Options.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/24/13 05:24 
Yes, I see this too on 5.0.2.

This is the text which is being loaded into the field options, which is wrong:

Quote:
["Private - only you can see your profile","Global - anyone can view your profile","Shared - only you and your followers can see your profile"]

I don't think that the profile privacy field should be editable in the form designer at all, which is the way it is in 5.1.0. So probably best not to edit it.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

blindmime

Posted: 10/24/13 05:30 
You're right -- you wouldn't want to edit that field, but that's not the issue. The problem is if you choose to make privacy inactive (or make other changes) and save your changes, it's going to save what's badly loaded into the Option box.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/24/13 05:38 
In 5.1 you can set the privacy default, and choose to not show the options as a quota setting for the user profiles module.

blindmime

Posted: 10/24/13 05:50 
In candyland they have choo choo trains made of gumdrops and taffy, but they're out of reach to us poor suckers mucking about in the real world.

Very Happy

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/28/13 18:00 
5.1 will be along soon (don't know when, but probably within the next few weeks).

Get into candyland man, the real world is crap.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules