Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
My hosting provider wants to know
harleychicks

Posted: 10/28/13 09:13 
My hosting provider wants to know what on the server that would cause the songs to play full length ,and what on the server is causing the items to show 0 MB after the user pays for the download .

They wants to know whats needs to be done to fix the issues and is insisting its a jamroom issue, they say the are willing to make any adjustment to fix the issue and says jamroom cant just blindly blame the hosting without saying whats causing the issue .

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/28/13 17:41 
Try to keep it to the one thread, if you post the same thing over and over again in other threads you will just confuse yourself even more, and eventually your threads will be locked or deleted. But you already know this.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
harleychicks

Posted: 10/28/13 18:22 
can I get an answer on either tread ?

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/28/13 18:25 
Maybe, and you've clearly had one here. So keep it to one thread.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 10/29/13 09:30 

harleychicks:
My hosting provider wants to know what on the server that would cause the songs to play full length ,and what on the server is causing the items to show 0 MB after the user pays for the download .

They wants to know whats needs to be done to fix the issues and is insisting its a jamroom issue, they say the are willing to make any adjustment to fix the issue and says jamroom cant just blindly blame the hosting without saying whats causing the issue .

We certainly don't "blindly" blame the hosting, as really most issues are not related to hosting - however, there are server and PHP settings that are clearly in the "hosting" domain, and history has taught me that hosting providers always blame the script first.

I'm assuming you mean "hat would cause the songs to NOT play full length" - is that correct? Do you have a URL to a song that is not playing full length?

Thanks!

- Brian

harleychicks

Posted: 10/29/13 15:38 
Sorry is you misunderstood, the songs plays the full length instead of a 60 second preview , and when an item is paid for, when the user downloads the file the user gets only a 0 MB file.

I was told it's a hosting issue , and the hosting providers wants to know what to adjust to make it work if the developers thinks its a hosting issue of the files not downloading the full file size, and playing the full length of the file instead of a 60 second preview length

Thanks

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules