Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
Three Cheers for DJ and Sammy over at JBServers.net!
jp

Posted: 04/16/06 15:46 
First, can I just say that if you are spending time looking around for a new host (you can not believe the number of times I heard - "We don't really recommend installing LAME on a VPS/Semi-dedicated server, what you really need is a dedicated server..."), don't bother with it. JBServers.net is recommended for Jamroom sites for a reason. It's because they are absolutely amazing!

I had my site on a test server (running on a shared host) for several months. When it came time to upgrade, I priced hosts, tested out their technical support (the "can you install LAME for me?" question works pretty well for that), and wasted a bunch of time and energy in the process. And, what it came down to was that JBServers.net was without a doubt the best deal price-wise in the first place. But, once the site needed to be moved over to their server was when their expertise with Jamroom really showed.

My old server presented problems for the move, which JBServers.net undertook for me. I don't even want to think about the amount of time that Sammy and DJ put into this! Yike! Through no fault of theirs, my previous host had no capability to just grab a back-up and install it on the new server, so it had to be moved over manually. After the move, problems started to present themselves...also, once again, not the fault of JBServers.net or its staff - just due to the way the site had to be moved. For a while there, I was sure that I was going to lose the site altogether - 500 errors, streams not streaming, the inability to delete anything, activity log not logging - it all seemed pretty dire to me! I should have had more faith.

I can not say enough about DJ and Sammy and JBServers.net - they really went above and beyond to make sure that my site was saved. I *know* that I would not have had that same experience with the other hosts I checked out. First, because they don't have the Jamroom expertise, and second because they would figure it was not their problem (and they would be right). In addition, my code-heavy site is now loading blazingly fast, and I just generated around 300 lofi files with very little time involved.

Anyway, if you are shopping for a hosting site - JBServers.net is where you want to go. Don't hesitate. Don't waste your time shopping around. I was faced with a potential disaster, and they just handled it wonderfully. AND with great customer service skills (I used to manage a technical customer service call center full of phone and email techs - truly great technical customer service is a quality that is hard to find.)

I love these guys. Can you tell?

Jill

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/17/06 16:29 
Jill -

Thanks for posting such a postive review of jbservers.net - I'm sure DJ and Sammy appreciate it! I just wanted to add that I've received e-mails from other happy jbservers.net users that are very much in line with your experience - there's a good reason they are the preferred Jamroom hosting provider!

Thanks Jill!

- Brian

andrusito

Posted: 04/20/06 12:41 
I have nothing to say but thank you to DJ and Sammy. they always treat me as if I was the only customer there.. a couple of months ago they worked hard trying to resolve many issues with my sites.

If it were another hosting company they ´d said get out of here.. but they helped me in all I needed..

thank you!

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 04/20/06 15:16 
Embarassed I can't tell you how good it is to hear feedback like this Very Happy

We've always been like "its not the hosting we're selling, its the support we provide with the hosting", so to hear feedback like this really makes us feel like we're achieving our mission statement!

Thanks a lot guys!

"more server and network power than any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons