Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
questions again?
limpduck

Posted: 09/22/03 12:13 
ok ive installed it all going fine and no probs. but just one point i may have just missed it but.... how do users sign up there new bands? as an admin would i have to add all new users? this could be a prob if a lot of people want to sign up. i understand they can manage there pages once this has been done? or would it be best letting them fill out some kind of validation form and then take these details and set up an account for them.

i presume the main reason for doing it this way is to stop people uploading mp3's of mainstream bands?
thanks
dave

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/22/03 12:22 
limpduck -

the "Signup System" for Jamroom is ALMOST ready for release, and should be within the week. It will handle the tasks of signing up and validating users for you.

Note however that It will most likely be a "members only" module since it's use would be for the larger systems looking to run content for other users.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

limpduck

Posted: 09/22/03 12:49 
chances are i shall purchase as soon as got the hang of a few things, im just testing on my server before installing it for real.

and while ya about just a couple more questions
one prob i may have found, i have created a few test bands, but when i click on them from the rank.php all i see is the dir with the image inside? i presume there is ment to be some kind of index, with the bands info/template and image? all of the text is being stored and the images is uploading so im not sure whats wrong?

also any odeas when the search module will be about? i know you busy, and with all these questions, its a great little prog you have here.
thanks
dave

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/22/03 17:23 

limpduck:

and while ya about just a couple more questions
one prob i may have found, i have created a few test bands, but when i click on them from the rank.php all i see is the dir with the image inside? i presume there is ment to be some kind of index, with the bands info/template and image? all of the text is being stored and the images is uploading so im not sure whats wrong?

also any odeas when the search module will be about? i know you busy, and with all these questions, its a great little prog you have here.
thanks
dave

Dave - until you "Generate HTML" for a band, all you will see is the Band Image in the bands directory. once you click on "Generate HTML" for a given band it will put the output html into the band directory, then you shouldn't get that anymore... Note too that in the next beta version there will be an "Auto Generate" setting in the master settings.cfg.php file that will auto-build a bands HTML whenever they update their info (so they don't forget).

As for the search, Its going to be coming real soon, now that I am putting the finishing touches on the Jamroom signup system (at least beta)....

Hope this helps!

- Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons