is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
Help - Warning Messages
Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/22/03 10:54 
Hi Brian
Just created a new user and associated band, built an initial webpage for him, but when clicking 'generate html', get the following -

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/virtual/site34/fst/var/www/html/jamroom/include/jamroom-theme.inc.php on line 447

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/virtual/site34/fst/var/www/html/jamroom/include/jamroom-theme.inc.php

The view webpage option is still there, but when clicked, I get the website not found page.

Cheers
Paul

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/22/03 11:24 
Pash -

thanks for the report - had you created a song or message for the band?

I haven't seen this type of error before, (not valid stream source) so I will check it out and let you know what I find. Your using 1.1b2 right?

Thanks Pash!

- Brian

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/22/03 11:33 
Pash -

can you check the permissions on the Band directory you were creating the HTML for (i.e. jamroom/bands/3) and see if it is 777 (-rwxrwxrwx) ?? That error is coming from the new ".filelist" history mechanism. It's not a big deal, and can be ignored, but since you said it showed you no HTML I am thinking the permissions for the band directory are not writiable by the PHP user.

Let me know if that is the case. Thanks!

- Brian

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/22/03 11:47 
Hi Brian
Yes JR V1.1b2
jamroom/bands/10 = '777'
There was a band message, but no songs or images yet.
What may be significant is that this was the first time a new band had to create directories (1 to 9 were placed there by you, if you recall?).
Something to do with this 'safe mode' malarki?
Cheers
Paul

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/22/03 12:23 
hmmm. If JR created the directory then their shouldn't be any problems - can you verify that the directory was made? Thanks Pash!

- Brian

Paul
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/22/03 14:33 
Brian
It is this 'safe mode' malarki after all Confused Confused
Maybe directories 10 were already there.
Anyway, I think the new band was ID 11, and the directories in bands and songs were hidden and empty, so something strange did happen.
I then created directories 12 by hand, created dummy user and band and all was OK.
I'll create 13 - 20 now - that'll keep me going for a bit !!
Cheers
Paul

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/22/03 17:15 
Pash -

yes, on installation directories through 10 are created..... glad to see my code didn't break! (although the error messages were kinda ugly, I have fixed that for the next release...)

- Brian

DS_Sultan

Posted: 09/23/03 05:30 
I am not getting that specific error, but I am getting an error if you try to view the bands from the CC Radio station link. List the bands by 'whatever' then click on one to go to their site, POOF!

Or list the songs and click on the band URL and POOF! Not sure what it is but it is NOT the above 10 band number issue as I created a new band that is ID 14 and it works just fine. Not sure what it is but I may have to delete and manually recreate the folders for the bands in question.

And yes, the folders are all 777!

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/23/03 05:48 
DS -

I just went to your site and was able to list the bands alphabetically and by creation date (newest). I then tried to click on on bands, and it appears that the ones numbered over 10 I get a "Forbidden" error which normally means their HTML has not been generated yet. Can you see if their HTML is actually in the directory? Its very wierd, because I don't think you guys are running PHP in Safe Mode are you?

- Brian

DS_Sultan

Posted: 09/23/03 05:53 
Try the band named Number13! It is band ID 14 and it works fine, I am getting this error on bands number 6 and 7 as well, so it is NOT a folder creation permissions issue as far as I can tell.

Now in doing some testing, I removed and manually created the folder for band 11, set permissions and moved the files back into the folder. Same result as before. I then went into the admin and did a modiy of a song in that band, then tried to 'generate HTML' and got the following errors;

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/virtual/site3/fst/var/www/html/jamroom/include/jamroom-theme.inc.php on line 447

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/virtual/site3/fst/var/www/html/jamroom/include/jamroom-theme.inc.php on line 448

So where do we go from here? I am looking into the server side permisions but I hold little hope since it works on bands with higher than a 10 number, but it is not consistent from what I see so I have my server guy looking into this.

I'll keep you up to speed an what we find.

!!!!!EDIT!!!!!

OK, I got it to work, first I created a message, which the band did NOT have, then I changed the default theme, then generated HTML. I still got the above errors, but the band NOW displays properly. So it is very wierd ok... not sure what is going on, but I can get it to work.

And on the second band I tried just telling it to generate a message, I put NO message in but said to save, then generate HTML worked with no error and that band can now display....

***twilight zone theme plays****

Yup, definately NEEDS a blank message to work! Just did it for the other bands, no message, but save to the message file and BINGO! LOL! the more I know the less I know!

CONCLUSION! Bands MUST have at least a blank message HTML file in their folder fo it to work! At least on my server that is!

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 09/23/03 06:18 

DS_Sultan:

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/virtual/site3/fst/var/www/html/jamroom/include/jamroom-theme.inc.php on line 447

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/virtual/site3/fst/var/www/html/jamroom/include/jamroom-theme.inc.php on line 448

You can ignore these errors - they won't show in beta3, since this is the ".filelist" history mechnism not being able to write to the directory, but its not that a big of deal if it fails, as it only keeps the directory "clean" if you generate a lot of different themes for one band.

I'm perplexed why your having directory issues though... can you go into your jamroom/bands directory and do an "ls -ltr" and see if the OWNER and GROUP name of all of the directories are the same? This error really points to not being able to write to the directory, so I am not 100% sure what 's going on..

Also, run the "setup.sh" script and put in like 500 and let Jamroom PRE MAKE 500 directories or so for you, and you shouldn't have this issue again. (until you go over 500 bands).

Also, are you running in PHP Safe Mode? The symptoms point to Safe Mode being on. If you can disable Safe Mode, you wont have directory issues as well.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons