Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization:
Problems installing themes...
uber

Posted: 11/24/03 01:04 
I am having a strange problem installing themes...

First I upload and verify that the .description & the .config file are uploaded and present in each of the themplate themes /dir's.
Then when I log into the main admin area, before I select a band, I can select to "HTML THEMES" under OPTIONS and see all of the new themes displayed and waiting to be included. This is where the fun stops....

After selecting a "band" then selecting "HTML THEMES" under OPTIONS it only has a selection for the three default themes (moss green, cobalt, and infra-red). No way to view the new templates. As a result, no way to apply the new template using a "select as defalt" or "generate html" button.

Any Ideas or help fixing this will be appricaited.

Thanks for your time...

Then you win -
-Mohandas Gandhi
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 11/24/03 06:37 

uber:
I am having a strange problem installing themes...

First I upload and verify that the .description & the .config file are uploaded and present in each of the themplate themes /dir's.
Then when I log into the main admin area, before I select a band, I can select to "HTML THEMES" under OPTIONS and see all of the new themes displayed and waiting to be included. This is where the fun stops....

After selecting a "band" then selecting "HTML THEMES" under OPTIONS it only has a selection for the three default themes (moss green, cobalt, and infra-red). No way to view the new templates. As a result, no way to apply the new template using a "select as defalt" or "generate html" button.

Any Ideas or help fixing this will be appricaited.

Thanks for your time...

Uber -

It sounds like your themes have been installed without issue, all that is needed now is to edit the jamroom/config/themes.cfg.php and "associate" your new themes you have installed with Jamroom Quota levels. If you open the theme.cfg.php file with a text editor you'll see a section for each of the disk usage levels - this lets you decide at which disk usage level to have access to which themes, etc.

For example, the 100 megabyte section looks like this by default:

Code

#-------------------------
# 100 Megabyte Disk Quota
$theme['100'] = array(
  'jm_cobalt_1.1',
  'jm_infrared_1.0',
  'jm_moss_1.0'
);

If you wanted to add the Sandstorm theme, once downloaded and installed into the theme directory, you would change this section to look like this:

Code

# 100 Megabyte Disk Quota
$theme['100'] = array(
  'jm_cobalt_1.1',
  'jm_infrared_1.0',
  'jm_moss_1.0',
  'jm_sandstorm_1.0'
);

And now that theme would become available at the 100 megabyte quota level. You can add your new themes in at every quota level you want just by modifying its section like the one above.

Hopefully this helps!

- Brian

p.s. - I apologize for the lack of good documentation on this - its something I am working on but am not finished with Wink

uber

Posted: 11/24/03 12:46 
It works...YAY!
Thank you, you are the man.

The Jamroom program rocks, you'll never hear me complaining about having new features without documentaion...I would rather fly blind than not be able to fly at all...

Wink

Thanks again for the great program and the rapid response!

Then you win -
-Mohandas Gandhi
dustin

Posted: 04/21/04 04:07 
Hey Brian,

I am unable to find the jamroom/config/themes.cfg.php file.. I have looked in all my directories.. not sure where it could be.. all I have in my config directory is:

Code
categories.cfg.php
deep_link
language.cfg.php
login_note_0
phpBB2-post_user.php
settings.cfg.php

I have the latest version installed.. Any idea as to where it might be???

Thanks,
Dustin

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/21/04 05:15 

Dustin:
Hey Brian,

I am unable to find the jamroom/config/themes.cfg.php file.. I have looked in all my directories.. not sure where it could be.. all I have in my config directory is:

Code
categories.cfg.php
deep_link
language.cfg.php
login_note_0
phpBB2-post_user.php
settings.cfg.php

I have the latest version installed.. Any idea as to where it might be???

Thanks,
Dustin

Dustin -

you no longer need that file - as of Jamroom 2.0 it is no longer used. Installing and removing themes is much easier now (just use the Admin Menu themes section).

Hope this helps!

- Brian

dustin

Posted: 04/22/04 01:53 
Hi Brian,

When I try to make my own theme "Fire and Ice" then upload it to the themes directory it is not showing in the admin panel..

First I copied one of the theme directories... then I changed the name and modified it.. but when I upload it to the theme directory on my ftp it's not an option in the admin panel.. any ideas?

Thanks,
Dustin

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 04/22/04 05:11 

Dustin:
Hi Brian,

When I try to make my own theme "Fire and Ice" then upload it to the themes directory it is not showing in the admin panel..

First I copied one of the theme directories... then I changed the name and modified it.. but when I upload it to the theme directory on my ftp it's not an option in the admin panel.. any ideas?

Thanks,
Dustin

Double check that the new theme directory is readable by the website user (i.e. permissions of like 755), as well as the the "config.cfg.php" file located within the theme directory. Also, make sure you have given the theme a unique name in the config.cfg.php file. As long as the config.cfg.php file is readable by the web user, you should see the theme as an option in the the "Install Theme" section from the Admin Menu.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

dustin

Posted: 04/22/04 05:20 
I got it to work.. thanks!

Dustin

dustin

Posted: 04/22/04 09:06 
Now I am getting this error when I try to verify an account
Quote:
ERROR! invalid specified theme (1) - verify configuration

I uploaded the new theme to the directory, set it as default in the admin section for that quota.. not sure whats going on... once I log into the account and hit generate html is says that error again - until I select "set as default" in the artists themes section...

Thanks,
Dustin

dustin

Posted: 04/22/04 09:19 
Sorry.. please disregard that last post.. I deleted the other themes, but forgot to update the jamroom configuration settings.. I saw the theme listed as the only default theme and never hit "update settings". I need more sleep!

Dustin

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules