Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization:
creating the themes
limpduck

Posted: 10/10/03 09:29 
hi ive read up on theme creation and seem to understand whats going, the main problem i have is that, when i try to modify a theme i allready have, i cant seem to find how to change the layout (the tables and there colours) wiould it just be easyer to start afresh?
thanks
dave

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 10/11/03 07:53 

limpduck:
hi ive read up on theme creation and seem to understand whats going, the main problem i have is that, when i try to modify a theme i allready have, i cant seem to find how to change the layout (the tables and there colours) wiould it just be easyer to start afresh?
thanks
dave

Dave -

initially, I think it is best to copy an existing theme and modify it for a bit before jumping into creating a new theme from scratch, since it will help you get a feel for how Jamroom parses the information for the output theme. However, if you have read the theme guide, you can always try it out. The worst that can happen is it just wont work Shocked

With that aside, all of the colors and stuff for the themes are in the .tpl files, or the css file, in the theme directory, so just start modifying them and see what you get.

on another note, I REALLY need to clean up the themes and move more of the "style" of the theme out into the CSS sheet.. I'm going to try and spruce up the default themes for version 1.2.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons