Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Ultrabubble:
Issue ... Steve come save the day
simplepoet

Posted: 10/15/07 21:56 
hey Steve,

I'm having an issue on our site where the top 10 newest artist is not showing up because it's only assigned to quota 1 and well all of my accounts currently is quota 2 or higer, we will be opening 1 back up at some point but not right now

So I've been trying to find how to fix this problem

I was in another post

and this was the final solution

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay if you have SefJam installed then you'll need to contact Steve and ask him how to remove the "&quota=1" from the Artist call in the menu.

Bare with him though because like me he's in the UK so there's a time difference, in fact I should be asleep about now

Hope this helps.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/16/07 16:08 
Hi simplepoet,

Unfortunately I havent been asleep, had a vid job in Bradford since Sunday night and the hotel I was put in didn't have an internet connection due to tech difficulties beyond my control! So sorry I haven't seen this until now.

Just walked in the door, you can change the Jamroom-style url via your linkmasker in admin, you shouldn't need to change the template at all just find the appropriate database entry and change the url part. If you are unsure what to do, pm me the link to your site, jamroom admin login and pass and I can sort this out for you over the next day or 2. I can't guarantee exactly when as I am straight into edit tomorrow morning, but I will do it as soon as I can.

Thanks

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
simplepoet

Posted: 10/16/07 16:44 
Steve hope you are getting some good rest

Ok so I got them to at least show up now, but they are not really showing up in order

go to our artist page on www.openmouthmedia.com and you will see what I'm talking about

this is the changed line I main by your info

ranking.php?mode=band&show=10&header_template=artists_header.tpl&row_template=artists.tpl&footer_template=artists_footer.tpl

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 10/16/07 16:59 
It looks like they are showing alphabetically rather than as newest.

Try adding &order=3 into the url, which causes ranking by newest artist:
http://www.jamroom.net/Jamroom3_ranking_artist

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
simplepoet

Posted: 10/16/07 21:44 
ok that fixed it

thanks

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Ultrabubble

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder