Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization:
tHEME QUESTION
algoet

Posted: 11/01/04 11:05 
Hello,
For only one reason I have this question, I am not very good with php. The artist pages of my website are loading so slow, due to bandwith problems, that it is not amusing to surf on my website. The problem is that al aother pages run smooth but that the most important pages are not. My question is could anyone make a table based artist page with the same function as the template artist pages but without the memory eating templates so the pages comes out fast. Than it would be also very easy to change the layout of the table a bit to have it look nice also. Can it done that you can choose that theme as the standard theme in Jamroom configuration. At least the users of my website can choose the slow template pages or the fast, not very nice looking standard theme.
If sombody can help me out, i would be very glad.

zed

Posted: 11/04/04 12:34 
Hi again algoet,

I believe I understand what you want... But do you really think this is going to solve your problem, especially with a long term view? of course you could create a very "small" template which is mainly text-based, just tiny images etc. but what happens if somebody wants to listen to a song? this is going to "eat" much more bandwith than any large template. and what happens if your site becomes popular and gets more visitors?

Why don't you consider getting an account with a hosting company? you can get very cheap deals nowadays... check jbservers.net for example, they're run by a very trustful JR user. or - if you are looking for server space in europe - send me a PM.

zed

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 11/04/04 20:32 
I think the best thing you could do is outsource a server, and get jamroom off your home bandwidth Smile That would be step 1, way before re-adjusting themes. You'll only find out that it's not the themes that are the problem, but the streaming is bogging down your bandwidth and making your pages load slow.

"more server and network power than any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
User Site Design, Integration and Customization

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules