Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help:
Fail to Upload Song.
illana

Posted: 07/28/03 16:31 
Hi Folks,

Just got the Jamroom running on my site, not open for public consumption yet.

Tried to upload a song (MP3 format - 1.4 Mb size) - failed.

Copied the Song to the Band DIrectory.

Tried to Import the song -failed.

Error Message is : Invalid Option

Please help.

Regards
Illana

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 07/28/03 17:12 
Can you check for me to ensure that you are not running PHP in "Safe Mode" ? Currently Jamroom is not working correctly with PHP installs in Safe Mode. If it is NOT in safe mode, try uploading your song file to the jamroom_dir/uploads/<band number> directory and import it from there - the jamroom_dir/bands directory is where the files go after they have been "imported" and processed.

Let me know if this works for you. Thanks!

- Brian

illana

Posted: 07/29/03 07:09 
Hi Brian,

I wasn't clear in my earlier post. I placed the file in question in the /uploads/1 directory. When I went to the "Add a Song Page" the file was offered as an import option, so the song.php is seeing it.

I am just no wondering if the file name may be issue, it has spaces in it?

The pics load ok, and according to Php Info in phpMyAdmin, the "thread safety" is disbaled. I am assuming that this is the "safety" to which you refer?

BTW, this is stunning app! I am really looking forward to getting it fully working. Just a thought, how dificult would it be to code a provision (master admin option to enable or disable) that would allow new users to regsiter themselves (much like here in phpBB2) with (limited) "admin" rights. This would allow wemasters who are sometimes away from sites for a day or two, to still have users join up and not be delayed. I also think that somewhere down the line a "banned IP" facility is going to be requested Very Happy

As an extreme newbie in matters PHP, I greatly respect the work you have done here. Maybe in a few years I'll be able to add a mod or two LOL!

Regards
Illana

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 07/29/03 07:23 
Illana - I'm glad you like Jamroom! I should have a newer version up later today that will handle Safe Mode (Thread Safety is something different). Also, spaces in songs shouldn't matter, as I tested it out quite a bit on songes with spaces - it should be no problem. Is there any punctuation in the filename? I have tested having quotes in the file name, and that should work as well.

When the new version goes online, you will also see some new install instructions - make note that the "import" feature will only work correctly on servers that have PHP Safe Mode disabled.

If you get a chance later today, please download beta 2 when it goes online and let me know if you have any issues. Thanks!

- Brian

illana

Posted: 07/29/03 10:01 
Hi Brian,

When you mentioned punctuation, that rang a bell. The file name was:
"Wasted Time - Remix.mp3"

I changed it to "Wasted Time Remix.mp3" (dropped the - ) and it loaded fine:) Seems the "-" makes the app unhappy.

Sorry for the trouble:D

Best Wishes
Illana

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Jamroom Help

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core