Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
Gneration 2 EMPSecurity System For JR Has Arrived!
KPM

Posted: 12/09/06 08:50 
Hi folks,
Just thought I'd let you in on some new developments with the ExpressMediaPlayer Security System add on.
Work has begun on the new Genration 2 ExpressMediaPlayer Security System for your Jamroom.
Below is the beginnings of the new look player

How ever the look is only the beginning....this new player will pass various jamroom variables into to your player making it far more flexible and easier to manipulate and redesign for your own site.

The new Security Player System will sell for a little more than the current Security player System.
Current users will pay a small upgrade fee if they wish to convert to the new player. (When it's ready')

This new player functionality is what I envisioned all those months ago when I first put this system together .. but with my current work committments time has been limited. How ever I do hope to release something towards the end of next weekend.

I also hope and will encourage current members to contribute to new skins and looks once the core files are out.

If there are any variables that you would especially like to have passed to the player be sure and let me know.

Thanks for your continued support Wink
Regards
Kirk

Last edited by KPM on 01/05/07 06:33; edited 5 times in total
Dazed

Posted: 12/10/06 13:19 
Looks good kpm! Estimated due date?

KPM

Posted: 12/10/06 16:07 
Hi Dazed,
I got quite a bit done this week end so I'm hoping by the end of next week end Wink

Hope this helps
Regards
Kirk

Dazed

Posted: 12/16/06 04:35 
KPM can I get an update?

With the vault being available now, this is a must have due to the way Winamp and WMP were designed. It is just too easy to rip songs regardless if the artist allows downloads or not.

KPM

Posted: 12/16/06 05:08 
Hi Dazed,
I have been working on it mate Wink It's sunday tomorrow my day off so i'm hoping to get something happening then.
I have been working on which variables it will and will not parse so I'm still experimenting. I am also working on keeping it simple so once I have it all together it will be released.
The unfortunate thing is my time is not my own at the moment as every one wants what I do for a living before christmas and with day light saving here I am working 7am to 8pm 5 - 6 days a week.
Next week end I'm taking a week off.

I know you want it now ... how ever you can of course use the current ExpressMediaPlayer Security System to acquire the same result regarding security (you will also pay less for this upgrade when it's released if you are a curent user)

Hope this helps Dazed
Thanks again for your interest Smile
Regards
Kirk

Dazed

Posted: 12/17/06 18:08 
Thanks KPM. I am not in that big of a rush so whenever you are done is fine.

KPM

Posted: 12/28/06 23:56 
Hi Folks,
The new look security system is now avialable for purchase Wink
You can find out all about it here
http://www.mp3express.com.au/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=171#171

Thanks for your extreme patience
Regards
Kirk

Last edited by KPM on 01/05/07 06:33; edited 1 time in total
Dazed

Posted: 12/30/06 18:25 
KPM looks great! Just installed and am liking it.

I also need to install this on the proton theme. Can you assist in this function?

Thanks!

spyrodeath

Posted: 12/30/06 18:36 

Dazed:

I also need to install this on the proton theme. Can you assist in this function?

Thanks!

Me too

KPM

Posted: 12/30/06 18:59 
Hi Dazed spyrodeath,
You wrote;

Quote:

Thanks!

The answer is yes I can how ever I can't do it for nothing unfortunately Sad
Eventually I will release it for all the Third Party Themes from Pasher & Hugh and it will sell for the same price as the Jamroom Cobalt one or a little bit less if you are already using one of my player sets.

However if you want it done manually by me now simply zip up your proton Skin & Theme directories and email them to me. It will cost you $25.00USD for this service. I will send you a paypal money request when I'm done and email you the file sets when I recieve your payment.

Alternatively help files at my boards might help you with this however they have not been updated yet so I'll get onto this right now. There is a Proton Theme Template List and associated alterations that are required for the those templates to incorporate the old player system which may give you some insight Wink

Thanks for your continued support guys it's appreciated Smile

Dazed don't forget to join my boards mate as you are entitled to the free Cache Security Fix file that will remove your music out of your listeners cache.

Hope this helps
Regards
Kirk

Dazed

Posted: 12/30/06 19:13 
hmmm. I was hoping this was an easy fix. It looks like a cut and paste job on this theme then.

I did not notice this anywhere but you may want to update your site and let people know that there will be a fee to add to other themes. Since many JR members use multiple themes, this might not be very cost effective for some. The player looks and works great but personally I can't see $125 for 5 themes when I am only using the 1 player.

spyrodeath I will play with it tomorrow. If I get it working right I will let you know the changes I made.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 12/30/06 19:32 
A cut and paste job is most definitely, entirely certainly an easy fix. Cut'n'paste has (for a very long time) been another way of saying "easy fix". It's the beauty of cut and paste.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.
KPM

Posted: 12/30/06 19:39 
Hi Dazed,
It is an easy fix which I am sure is not beyond you Smile
Regards pricing you wouldn't pay $125.00USD for 5 sets.
Your initial purchase would be $25.00USD in your case you bought the Jamroom Cobalt Player. (The others are not available yet)

Once signed up at my boards however you will see that the add on Template sets are quite a lot cheaper ranging between $9.95USD to $12.95USD. The Proton theme template set for the old player system is acually a $9.95USD add on. The Proton Skins Template addon is the same price. However for this new system I will probably release the Porton full set addon for $15.95USD (incase folks were wondering Wink

I hope this makes sense Wink

Regards you not seeing this anywhere please check my main jamroom thread here
http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8069

The tutorial for the Proton Artist pages has been updated by the way. Spyro is already a user of the player system and my boards so he can access it now. In the mean time I will get on with making an addon template set for Proton.

Important note: If you wish to pass on information to Spyro Dazed that's fine but it must be done via my forums and in the appropiate forum that only registered members are privy to.
Information regarding the manipulation of ExpressMediaPlayer Security System is private & confidential. I'm sure you know this but just incase you were not aware of this I thought let you know Wink

Hope this helps Dazed thank you again Wink
Regards
Kirk

Jigsaw

Posted: 12/30/06 22:49 
Cool!! I'm digging it!!!!!!!! And yes, it doesn't interfere with the older KPM player! I was just having a total brain drain that day!! Two bands wanting something and my Wife with a 'honey do' list!!!! ARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!! I had to take an half an hour off and go out back and blasts off a couple magazines at trees to calm down and relax!!!

Cool cool player KPM!
Thanks!!!!

JiGsAw

KPM

Posted: 12/31/06 10:44 
Hi Folks,
Well it's been and gone here.... so i just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy, Safe & Prosperous New Year Smile

May all your projects for 2007 be a screaming succes Wink

I look forward to be of service to you and in 2007 and I thank you kindly everyone for your valued support it has been fantastic Smile

Best wishes to you all
Regards
Kirk

Jigsaw thanks mate Smile Smile

sheeeeeeeeeesh 2.40 am I'm out of here !!

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

12Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules