Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Ultrabubble:
SefJam: UltraFriendly URLs for Jamroom
Shayan

Posted: 01/20/07 12:12 
does this support Evo template from onikba?

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 01/20/07 12:23 
**Edit**
Replacement links for the top menu and an SQL for the database are now available for Evolution owners. Please request these files when ordering SefJam.

As url rewriting is not related to a template SefJam will work with Evo without difficulty. You will need to edit the links in Evo to take full advantage of SefJam. You will need to ensure that all members and artists are switched to Friendly Names before installing the .htaccess and scripts. Then upload the files and see the instant improvement in your artist names.

It will permanently alter your artist urls to redirect from /members/4/store.php to http://yoursite.com/sample_artist/store.php which will remain in the browser bar.

For best effect you would alter your template links to use the friendly name rather than the members/band_id, but this is not initially necessary. If your server configuration does not allow Friendly names to work then it is unlikely that SefJam will work as expected. I found that some artists had to be saved/updated in order to write their Friendly Name to the database.

The replacement Cobalt menus and SQL links table replacement will not be of use to you so you will need to enter your links into your link masker database and then alter your template files to use the shorter meaningful links.

An example: In your top menu - Members
The link on the page: ranking.php?mode=member&pagebreak=5&order=4&header_template=members_header.tpl&row_template=members.tpl&footer_template=members_footer.tpl
You would enter this link into your Jamroom link masker tool: ranking.php?mode=member&pagebreak=5&order=4&header_template=members_header.tpl&row_template=members.tpl&footer_template=members_footer.tpl
You should enter the link title into your link masker as Members
The SefJam link will then be: list=Members

You would then be able to replace the existing link in your template files with this: list=Members which will remain in the browser address bar after the redirect.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

Ultrabubble create things.

Last edited by SteveX on 03/11/07 09:39; edited 1 time in total
nebzine

Posted: 01/20/07 14:39 
Count yourself lucky its 596.435 EEK's Estonia Krooni

Mark

http://www.myspace.com/wonkothesane0
http://www.reverbnation.com/wonkothesane
SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 02/03/07 10:16 
I am working away from my office during the coming week, so there may be some delays with response and support during this period. I will try to spend some time online each day, but it may be brief.

"Stranger from another planet, welcome to our hole. Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock and roll"

dlgresults

Posted: 02/18/07 11:01 
Hello,

I'm wondering if this is true SEF URLs, does it use any header() or redirection? or any search script?

thanks

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 02/18/07 13:03 

Quote:
I'm wondering if this is true SEF URLs, does it use any header() or redirection? or any search script?

I am not entirely sure what you mean by true SEF URLs.

SefJam alters the URLs for your artist sites correctly so search engines are given the info they need and understand. It works well with search engines and was developed to improve urls within Jamroom sites.

To get the maximum benefit you will want to change your templates to point to the artist name rather than number in all instances, but this is not necessary initially as any url written members/12/ will be redirected to /artist_name. This assists with search engines placement because the artist name is used in all links to the artist's pages rather than a member number which has no meaning or relevance beyond the Jamroom system.

From looking at what you wrote in the other thread SefJam may not be the solution you are looking for. There is no provision for subdomains. You may be able to customize it to your needs but I am not sure. If your site is going to have a very large number of subdomains you will possibly need to look into controlling their production and use via an automated RewriteMap solution at a server level rather than mod_rewrite at any level.

dlgresults

Posted: 02/18/07 14:35 
Ok, I guess what I'm asking is to achieve your friendly URL's are you using any redirection script like header() or javascript redirection? Or are you using straight .htacess? We are about giving up on subdomains but would at least like to have www.site.com/artistname.

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 02/18/07 14:49 
Yes, SefJam is a combination of php script and htaccess.

dlgresults

Posted: 02/18/07 15:01 
ok cool, I think ill give it a try

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 03/02/07 06:22 
I have updated the SefJam Buy Now button link from the Marketplace to allow instant download from the Ultrabubble site after Paypal payment.

You can also reach this new section via this link. Full information about SefJam can also be found here.

When purchasing please ensure that you fill in the field naming the url you will be using SefJam on.

Please let me know if you have any problems with the new setup,

Thanks

Sonny Bama

Posted: 03/06/07 23:49 
I have added a wimpy player to my site, the wimpy player stops functioning when I install SefJam.. is there a way around this?

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 03/07/07 05:01 
I'm not sure, I haven't tried installing Wimpy on a Jamroom.
How do the tracks/playlists get into the wimpy player?

***EDIT***
I have emailed you a rewrite condition for xml files which should sort this out for you.

Sonny Bama

Posted: 03/07/07 14:11 
thanks..
http://www.jamroom.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11705

SteveX
Ultrabubble

Posted: 03/15/07 15:48 
Due to popular demand a Guaranteed installation service has been added to the Ultrabubble purchase area, it can be purchased with SefJam for £15 via Paypal. I really do want to stress that installing SefJam is not at all difficult for many Jamroom admins, the work has been done for you. However, not everyone is comfortable with this type of editing. I have added the following to the initial post in this thread which may clarify the type of admin who will be comfortable with SefJam installation:

Quote:
Installing SefJam will be easy for most Jamroom Admins. You will need to be able to use ftp, edit your .htaccess file, edit your main menu template files (there are replacements for Evo, Cobalt and others to make things easier), and copy links from your browser address bar and enter them into your link masker database via the admin control panel tool. There is also a SefJam Guaranteed Installation Service if you are not comfortable with these operations, see the Ultrabubble purchase area for further details. Customisation to your skin and themes are possible, ask for details.

Again I would like to stress that the majority of capable Jamroom administrators will have no trouble installing SefJam in most situations. You will not need to get your head around htaccess and mod_rewrite; the voodoo is what we do, that is what you pay for, you just get on with your job.

sweet

Posted: 03/22/07 11:46 
Has this been asked? If yes, so sorry to repeat! Wink

So SefJam changes the URL's....so it's no longer /members/1 -- and will be the /artist name? It will stay that way no matter which page is clicked on?

-s

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Ultrabubble

< Previous123456789101112Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons