Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
BlastMyMusic.com Integration - Questions For Brian
agraddy

Posted: 01/22/07 19:52 
Hi Brian,

I am the lead developer at BlastMyMusic.com. I have been working on creating a third party script that would integrate Jamroom with our affiliate program and for artists who want to use the service.

Our affiliate program would be very valuable to current and future customers of Jamroom. We pay affiliates 5% of each song sold by an artist who was referred by that affiliate. So, to give an example, if a current customer of Jamroom wanted to become an affiliate of BlastMyMusic they would get 5% of each song sold for each artist they refer on their system (I would imagine that most sites would be able to refer a large number of users and as a result create another great revenue stream for their site if their artists sell music).

The programming is just about finished and ready to be released so I was looking over Jamroom's License Agreement again and realized I should probably contact you - it appears I misread the license agreement originally.

I now realize that your license agreement appears to not allow customization (with the free version) or releasing of modified code (for purchased versions).

When I first read it, I guess the first part of the license made me think that I was okay to do modifications and release it (the part that said the only restriction was limiting you to 5 artists) as well as the fact that you had a Third Party Section of your forum. Now I'm thinking I better contact you and see what your thoughts were on my integration code (the site said forums were the quickest way to make contact).

Here is my example site that I have been working with - this is the page that would integrate with our MusicBlaster: http://67.18.4.2/~jamroom/members/1/blast.php

The code that I have created would be very minimal changes (most changes are additional theme pages although I made a few additions to the control panel to make it very simple for site owners and artists to display MusicBlasters).

I think a BlastMyMusic integration with Jamroom would be very valuable to both Jamroom and BlastMyMusic.

Please let me know what your thoughts are on my Third Party Product.

Sincerely,
Anthony - BlastMyMusic Developer

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/22/07 20:35 
Anthony -

Thanks for the post Wink

Feel free to contact me at bigguy@jamroom.net - I can check out he modifications you are looking to make, and see if there's a way you can separate those changes from the core.

Hope this helps!

- Brian

agraddy

Posted: 01/22/07 20:58 
Great, I will send you an email soon. I need to finish up a few things.

agraddy

Posted: 01/23/07 06:45 
Just wanted to let you know I sent the email. Looking forward to your response.

addick

Posted: 01/23/07 08:05 

agraddy:
Just wanted to let you know I sent the email. Looking forward to your response.

are you interested in selling your musicblast player? if so let me know im sure a couple others on here would like to purchase it also.

thx

agraddy

Posted: 01/23/07 08:09 
Hi addick,

We have no plans to sell the MusicBlaster design.

If everything works out, we are planning to offer our integration script for free here on the Third Party board which would mean that users of Jamroom would be able to integrate the MusicBlaster directly into their sites.

I hope this helps explain things, if not, just post back and I will do my best to clarify.

addick

Posted: 01/23/07 08:16 
i didnt want the whole layout, just the player, would you like to sell that?

also what do you mean but intergrating it with jamroom?

agraddy:
Hi addick,

We have no plans to sell the MusicBlaster design.

If everything works out, we are planning to offer our integration script for free here on the Third Party board which would mean that users of Jamroom would be able to integrate the MusicBlaster directly into their sites.

I hope this helps explain things, if not, just post back and I will do my best to clarify.

agraddy

Posted: 01/23/07 08:38 
BlastMyMusic provides a way for artists to sell their music online. The MusicBlaster (the player - although it really isn't exactly a player) is a widget that allows an artist to sell music directly from their own site.

I don't know how closely you checked out the MusicBlaster. If you go to this page (it's a testing page so if it is not there later it probably has gotten taken down): http://67.18.4.2/~jamroom/members/1/blast.php you will see that the MusicBlaster plays 30 second clips of the songs that an artist has for sale - the checkboxes and buy button will direct a user to BlastMyMusic where they can finish purchasing the songs. The player was designed more to sell music and not to play songs (and we definitely have no intention of selling our design).

As for integrating with Jamroom, if everything works out, we plan to allow any Jamroom owner the ability to let the artists on their site sell their music directly from the Jamroom site. As you can see from the example above, an extra page has been added to the artist account that allows the artist to display their MusicBlaster - all they have to do is put their BlastMyMusic Artist ID into a form in their control panel.

Jamroom owners benefit because each artist they refer to BlastMyMusic (the integration will track artists who sign up) they will get a 5% cut of every song sold by that artist.

I hope that better explains our position, but if not keep on asking.

RP

Posted: 01/23/07 11:43 

agraddy:

Jamroom owners benefit because each artist they refer to BlastMyMusic (the integration will track artists who sign up) they will get a 5% cut of every song sold by that artist.

Ok let me get this straight...

You want Jamroom owners to send away signed up artists and potential sales of digital music on their own sites, to your system, and instead of making 100% of the profit on their own, they'll only get 5% from you?

Wow, should we all herd ourselves off the cliff now?

addick

Posted: 01/23/07 12:10 
yea i agree if that is what you are trying to do i dont think anyone here would want to send there traffic to another site & loose the sale to get 5%.

RP:

agraddy:

Ok let me get this straight...

You want Jamroom owners to send away signed up artists and potential sales of digital music on their own sites, to your system, and instead of making 100% of the profit on their own, they'll only get 5% from you?

Wow, should we all herd ourselves off the cliff now?

american

Posted: 01/23/07 12:10 

agraddy:
BlastMyMusic provides a way for artists to sell their music online. .......if everything works out, we plan to allow any Jamroom owner the ability to let the artists on their site sell their music directly from the Jamroom site. ......

agraddy

You must be new and have not realized that, Jamroom has the ability to let the artists sell their music directly from the Jamroom site..

We call it "The Vault". Wink

Fresh Water is a Human Right!

"Migration is a human right"
agraddy

Posted: 01/23/07 13:42 
Hey Everybody,

I appreciate all the tough comments, it keeps me on my toes Very Happy . I would have responded sooner, but I have had to deal with quite a bit of issues today.

Maybe I can better explain our position and why we think we can benefit Jamroom owners.

To start off, yes I am well aware of the Vault. Before I go any further, let me also say that I think Brian has done a great job continually adding features that benefit Jamroom users (there are obviously many loyal supporters of Jamroom Wink )

First of all let me start off by saying our site is designed to focus specifically on enabling artists to better distribute their music. We work hard to create and continually update a system where artists can easily sell their music from their own website and from other sites that will allow them to use their MusicBlaster.

I realize that some Jamroom owners would like to handle all of the digital sales themselves. If that is you, more power to you.

I also realize that there are other Jamroom owners who would like to outsource digital sales (the whole reason we even learned of Jamroom was because a Jamroom owner signed up with us for an artist account - through some emails we sent back and forth I ended up finding out that he ran an artist community, found out about Jamroom, and from there we started looking at ways that we could help integrate BlastMyMusic into Jamroom).

We think we can offer a great value to Jamroom owners who do not want to deal with all of the hassles of digital sales (dealing with payment providers, customer support, artists who do not understand MP3 bit rate/sample rate, etc.). Those Jamroom owners who would like to outsource can simply direct their artists to BlastMyMusic for their digital selling needs. In return, those Jamroom owners will get 5% of each song sold (many of you seem to think that it is not worth it), but personally, I think it is a great deal for doing nothing other than installing a script. Not only do you get paid for songs that an artist sells from your site, but you get paid anytime an artist sells a song through BlastMyMusic (whether or not the sell originated at your site).

I can understand your skepticism of our service. I would be wary of anybody trying to steal my traffic too Wink . But we really aren't trying to steal your traffic, we are really just offering the option for us to partner together. We think it is something that can benefit everybody involved (most importantly, the artists).

If you have any more thoughts or comments, I am always open to them. We are working to make the best possible service we can provide.

Just to give an update, as for the script itself, it looks like we are getting pretty close to releasing it. We will post it in this forum when it is ready.

User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons
• Jamroom Modules
• Jamroom Marketplace