Jamroom Logo Jamroom 5 Core
is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
who wants to pitch in to have a player that will sell music
addick

Posted: 01/23/07 12:13 
who wants to pitch in together & have a player designed like http://www.blastmymusic.com/ & www.musicane.com that will allow artists to post there player anywhere on the net & sell music directly from it? i have been asking about this for awhile & a couple others have said there are working on it but i think this is something we need ASAP! anyone who would like to throw in on having this designed by a programer plz reply to this thread or pm me.

smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 01/23/07 12:15 
I could be wrong, but I think that this can already be done with the current flash player with a "buy now" button. I think all you would have to do is embed the flash player code on another site (i.e. myspace) and you could sell. Not sure though, but if you try, let me know.

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/23/07 12:20 
I agree with Kyle - Daddysylem can pitch in to be sure, but I believe you can do this already with the Jamroom Flash Player...

- Brian

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 01/23/07 12:39 

bigguy:
I agree with Kyle - Daddysylem can pitch in to be sure, but I believe you can do this already with the Jamroom Flash Player...

- Brian

I can do some testing with myspace and one of my other sites to make sure. But I beleive the Jamroom player can already do this.

It would be nice to have the price of the vault item in the player though...Hint Hint Smile

GCFireSprinkler.com
Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/23/07 12:42 

daddysylem:

bigguy:

- Brian

I can do some testing with myspace and one of my other sites to make sure. But I beleive the Jamroom player can already do this.

It would be nice to have the price of the vault item in the player though...Hint Hint Smile

I got your hint Wink

- Brian

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/23/07 12:43 
Can you send me an email with the XSPF XML format you would want to see for the price?

Thanks!

- Brian

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 01/23/07 13:15 

bigguy:
Can you send me an email with the XSPF XML format you would want to see for the price?

Thanks!

- Brian

No problem, I have to leave right now but I'll do it later today.

Thanks........ Very Happy

GCFireSprinkler.com
daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 01/23/07 19:35 
After doing some testing I found that the Flash Player will work just fine embeded on MySpace and Other Websites. It displays and plays all the songs just fine with no problems. Just make sure your embed code is URL Encoded and don't use variables.

But the "Buy Now" button doesn't work when the player is embeded on another site other than the site it came from. I'm going to have to do some more research on this, Because I'm not sure what the problem is. It seems to create the link and display the button, but its just not popping up when its clicked.

It may have something to do with where the java script its using is located.

I'll let you know............

GCFireSprinkler.com
agraddy

Posted: 01/23/07 19:39 
If you tested it on MySpace Flash Player 9 will block outgoing links. That might be your problem.

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 01/23/07 21:02 

agraddy:
If you tested it on MySpace Flash Player 9 will block outgoing links. That might be your problem.

No, I don't think so.
I also tested it on one of my other sites too and it has the same problem there.

But I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanks........

GCFireSprinkler.com
daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 01/23/07 23:22 
I've confirmed this problem is with the popup java code being used to activate the button in the player. The code is currently part of the jamroom_javascript.inc.js file and can't be activated outside of the site the player comes from. That file is called in the header templates that make up Jamroom 3 sites. And without it, the popup function of the "Buy Now" button won't work.

I can get around this by having the button open a new full window instead of just a popup, but I want to play with it some more and see what else can be done.

I'll let you know.........

GCFireSprinkler.com
smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 01/23/07 23:28 
This is going to be a huge feature I think for bands to embed their player anywhere they want and sell songs from it.

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
JohnyBgood

Posted: 01/23/07 23:56 

smith.kyle:
This is going to be a huge feature I think for bands to embed their player anywhere they want and sell songs from it.

MAMA MIA Exclamation

addick

Posted: 01/24/07 00:21 
everyone keeps getting me wrong, if this is already available then what i am talking about if making a player that looks like & has ALL the functions of http://www.blastmymusic.com/ player , notice how you can scroll down the player & listen/buy diff lps all off 1 player? is there a player with ALL these funtions? or can someone make one? that is what i am talking about.

djmerlyn
Jamroom Ustad

Posted: 01/24/07 01:36 
yes, one could be made exactly like that, but it would probably be a ground up build.

I can't see this working in the xspf with the buy now buttons next to each track and such due to the way the playlist function of the player works. Though I suppose it could be re-engineered to do that with a lot of time and patience.

But, you CAN buy what ever song is playing in the player, and have a playlist of all the artists songs so that a user can buy all or 1, or click a link to the artist page on your site and get it from the store or whatever.

If you're looking for no compromises and want exactly what the other site has built, it might be pretty expensive and time consuming to develope...you figure the other site is basing there business around that player, it must be special Wink

"more server and network power than any host, dedicated to your jamroom site"
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

12Next >

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons