is now Open Source!
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support:
who wants to pitch in to have a player that will sell music
smith.kyle
CodeSmith

Posted: 01/24/07 01:38 

djmerlyn:
yes, one could be made exactly like that, but it would probably be a ground up build.

I can't see this working in the xspf working with the buy now buttons next to each track and such due to the way the playlist function of the player works.

But, you CAN buy what ever song is playing in the player.

If you're looking for no compromises and want exactly what the other site has built, it might be pretty expensive and time consuming to develope...you figure the other site is basing there business around that player, it must be special Wink

Good points dj! and like he said, they aren't willing to sell their player, so that also tells you something about what they having invested in/riding on it.

Yes...that's a soda machine...

I get bored when no one's posting...
JohnyBgood

Posted: 01/24/07 01:59 

daddysylem:

bigguy:
Can you send me an email with the XSPF XML format you would want to see for the price?

Thanks!

- Brian

No problem, I have to leave right now but I'll do it later today.

Thanks........ Very Happy

I'm not understanding how you would place the player on a myspace page. Question

Also, If this is possible, could the player play an admin station with only vault songs and be embedded in a page outside jamroom. such as my space.
If Yes, could the station also be genre specific. Question

erh777

Posted: 01/24/07 06:27 
The MusicBlaster from BlastMyMusic.com already does exactly what you're talking about here. I've got an instructional music site as well as a JR section and a MySpace page and the MusicBlaster works great in all of them. Here are some links so you can see how I'm using it...

General Website:
http://www.ezfolk.com/tabs-tutorials/tabs-tutorials.html

Jamroom portion of website (click on the "BUY" tab):
http://ezfolk.com/audio/richardhefner

MySpace Page:
http://www.myspace.com/richardhefnermusic

I had been using the Digital Vault for a couple weeks but ran into some problems with it working sometimes and not at other times. When it worked it was great. When it didn't work right, I had to deal directly with the customers, which was a huge headache, and after a couple of those I decided to just put the Vault on hold until that portion of JR was more mature and pretty much all of the issues had been solved. I only had a few people using the Vault after a couple weeks and my concern was that if all of a sudden I had hundreds of people using it and something happened I'd have a full-time job just dealing with complaints. So I just went back to using the Store and people could just sell their CDs and I wouldn't have to deal with the whole payment thing.

A couple weeks ago I just happened to see the MusicBlaster on somebody's MySpace page and looked into it and I really liked what I saw, not only regarding the looks of it but also the payment terms. I signed up just to give it a try and was pleasantly surprised at how well everything is designed and how well it works. I had a question for tech support and was amazed when I got an answer from Anthony (the main developer) in about 5 minutes. He was really helpful and even offered to help me integrate it onto my music pages (he didn't know about Jamroom). I told him about the Jamroom script and that Brian encouraged third party support of the script, and recommended that instead of helping me integrate it just on my site he might want to create some type of an add-on for all Jamroom users who might be interested. He thanked me for the recommendation but didn't make any promises, and I didn't hear from him again until yesterday afternoon when he e-mailed me and said he had the add-on ready. I jumped right on it because I had already been using the MusicBlaster on my own MP3 page (although not integrated like it is now) and was recommending it to the artists on my site.

Something that was left out of the discussion on the other thread where Anthony was asking about developing an add-on for JR was the payment terms. What kept me away from solutions like Musicane and Snocap were that they were too expensive. Anthony mentioned only that in their affiliate program you get 5% of the sales from the artists that sign up. That's only part of how it works. The main thing is that the artist gets 65% of the gross sale, then if there is an affiliate they get 5%, and the rest goes to BlastMyMusic.com for their administrative costs and PayPal charges. If you compare the amount of money that is kept by other services such as Snocap and Musicane this is a much better deal.

Another thing about the 5% affiliate deal is that it's not only for artists who are on your own site but for anybody who signs up anywhere you've got an affiliate link. I've had people sign up from my MySpace page. These are people I don't know and they most likely won't be using my website, but I'll still get 5% of their sales for a year. I think it's an excellent deal all the way around.

The development of the MusicBlaster add-on for Jamroom shouldn't be viewed as some type of competition to the Jamroom script. It's something that complements Jamroom and will make it more valuable for a lot of the people who choose to use it. Brian does a spectacular job with Jamroom but one person starts getting spread a little thin as a project reaches the proportions that Jamroom has. Having the MusicBlaster developer interested enough to take the time to develop this add-on specifically for us in the Jamroom community is a great thing and adds another dimension to Jamroom to make it better.

Oh yeah, and if anybody wants to give it a try here's my affiliate link...
http://www.blastmymusic.com/index.php?main_page=main&aa=5845

Smile

Last edited by erh777 on 01/24/07 15:25; edited 1 time in total
daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 01/24/07 09:00 

JohnyBgood:

I'm not understanding how you would place the player on a myspace page. Question

Also, If this is possible, could the player play an admin station with only vault songs and be embedded in a page outside jamroom. such as my space.
If Yes, could the station also be genre specific. Question

You can place it in your myspace like I have it here.
http://www.myspace.com/soundmetro

All that has to be done is to put your <object <embed code in your myspace and the player shows up. What plays in the player all depends on what is in the "playlist" portion of your <object <embed code.

(Think code snipper from an artist site like in the evo theme)

Song #7 in that player is a "Buy Now" song and right now I have the Buy Now link working but it is opening a new window to the vault page instead of a sized popup like I would want it to.
You can log in to test it with this........
Username: sylem
Password: sylem

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't play an admin station as long as you have the "playlist" portion of your <object <embed code set for the correct radio station id.

GCFireSprinkler.com
addick

Posted: 01/25/07 01:18 
so IS THERE anyone who is/can make a player that will look like & include ALL those functions? that was the point of this post, other wise anyone interested in one can throw some $ in & we can have one made from a programmer.

Brian
Jamroom Team

Posted: 01/25/07 10:08 

addick:
so IS THERE anyone who is/can make a player that will look like & include ALL those functions? that was the point of this post, other wise anyone interested in one can throw some $ in & we can have one made from a programmer.

What function are you looking for that is not currently supported?

Thanks!

- Brian

addick

Posted: 01/25/07 13:25 
what im looking for is a player that looks just like that VERY professional with buy now boxes that work exactly like theres does & displays the LP cover & the scroll down that will sell more than 1 LP from that artist right from the player, am i the only who thinks that this is WAYYYYYYYYY nicer than anything else avalible? that is what i am looking for...

daddysylem
DS Flash Players

Posted: 01/25/07 20:31 

addick:
what im looking for is a player that looks just like that VERY professional with buy now boxes that work exactly like theres does & displays the LP cover & the scroll down that will sell more than 1 LP from that artist right from the player, am i the only who thinks that this is WAYYYYYYYYY nicer than anything else avalible? that is what i am looking for...

I'm sure this is way beyond my abilities, and I'm not sure but I think you would need to add some kind of a shopping cart to the players to get those kind of functions.........

My advice would be to find a good flash developer and show him exactly what you want and get an estimate. Then post on here to see if anyone would be willing to help pay part of the cost.

GCFireSprinkler.com
User Support Forum Archive (Read Only)
Third Party Products and Support

< Previous12

Solutions
• Social Media Platform
• Social Networking Software
• Musician Website Manager
• Community Builder
Products
• Jamroom Core
• Jamroom Addons